Re: Exiles Grandstand, home v Northampton Town

After seven matches there doesn't seem to be a preferred starting eleven. Obviously illness and injuries haven't helped but indivially the players have been inconsistent. There was a total lack of confidence in last night's display. Hitting long balls is not an answer if we have Abraham and Collins up front and an invisible midfield forced the defence to turn backwards time and time again. I can understand playing Cain last night because Cooper was not great at Harrogate, but it didn't have the desired result. Totally disjointed display and far too many 'nearly moments' in the second half when, in all honesty, Northampton were very poor.

Re: Exiles Grandstand, home v Northampton Town

Early days yet, but my view is that we have too many players at our disposal. Nobody has a clue what the best 11 is, the manager included, and I just can't see how it's good for morale having so many not involved every week.

Trying to regenerate a team after losing key players is pretty difficult, but even more so when it's being chopped and changed every match.

Pick an 11 and stick with it for a while, as far as is possible at least.