Re: Exiles Grandstand Walsall

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Should be out of sight. Played some really good football but with Telford miss and Dolan having his penalty saved, up pops Shade to equalise
Telford effort looked tight angle to me mate

It was mate, but using your right foot to curl it from that angle the ball was always going to go wide, put foot through it or use your left foot.
That said, he’s played well though. Impressed with Lewis and Cooper too.

Exile 1976 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Should be out of sight. Played some really good football but with Telford miss and Dolan having his penalty saved, up pops Shade to equalise
Telford effort looked tight angle to me mate

It was mate, but using your right foot to curl it from that angle the ball was always going to go wide, put foot through it or use your left foot.
That said, he’s played well though. Impressed with Lewis and Cooper too.
Agree did you see the one Livermore pass split the defence cracker it was

Just about deserved a moral boosting win after suffering 2 major psychological blows just before half time. Their keeper made a number of good saves 2nd half, which looked for a long time was going to thwart us, but we'll done for keeping going and producing a good cross and header to win the game. Looked a far more competent side compared to Tues with Upson and Clarke in the starting team. Hats off to Cooper and Lewis for 90 mens of effort also.

Really good first half then,miss penalty and they score,Townsend beaten on near post again,this needs working on.Still messing about with passing across and back with too slow build up.It meant a lot to Clarke that goal judging by him goading his former fans.Good to see him back,we look better with him in the side as is the case with Lewis.I was underwhelmed last season with Telford but I have to say,he looks like a proper striker,getting shots in,three or four saved by their keeper and,I didn’t think that the one in the side netting was a miss,he just ran out of room.He deserved his chance today and he took it.