Re: Exiles Grandstand Walsall

By far the better team first half, penalty miss and the equaliser put them right back in it. Second half Walsall looked the better side, most likely winners without looking dangerous, until the goal. Great to be in the ground right next to the away fans. An away day next I think, loved the banter today.

Good performance, especially in the first half, and great to see a win. When was the last time we saw a win "in the flesh" at Rodney Parade, apart from the sparse attendance against FGR in the play offs?

Once again Flynn rang the changes from the previous game. I was amazed that Willmott was omitted from the squad, after his MOM performance on Tuesday, and also that there was no keeper on the bench.

Blackandamber wrote:Good performance, especially in the first half, and great to see a win. When was the last time we saw a win "in the flesh" at Rodney Parade, apart from the sparse attendance against FGR in the play offs?

Once again Flynn rang the changes from the previous game. I was amazed that Willmott was omitted from the squad, after his MOM performance on Tuesday, and also that there was no keeper on the bench.
Heard that Day has a dead leg and Willmott man 'flu? Can't substantiate either story however.

My thoughts on yesterday. The starting line up was a drastic reaction to Tuesday, but Clarke, Lewis and Upson were always likely to improve matters. I half expected Telford to make a start and have to say he had a fine game, doing what he knows he is capable of rather than what he imagines he can do, as we have seen from Abraham. The Walsall goalie looked terrible with his kicking in the first half but the penalty save sparked him up to have a terrific second half. I thought Livermore would have been rested but having Upson alongside him lifted the responsibility that weighed him down on Tuesday. Walsall didn't look like beating us but did graft for a point in the second half. I don't think they can have too many complaints about the result, they seemed to have a big, physical side but didn't play an aggressive style. Good to see visiting support occupying the school end seats. My man of the match vote went to Aaron Lewis who seemed to get involved in everything especially in an attacking role in the last twenty minutes.

JonD wrote:
SwanseaJack wrote:Brilliant late win for county today chaps.

And late point for my swans. 3 nil down at half time to finish 3-3 on 92nd min
Oh fantastic. Things looked bleak at 3:30. I hope this result gives them confidence. Nice to see them score at long last.
agreed mate, We can't score at home though for some reason.

not a bad weekend for county and swans.

I didn't watch it (maybe I'm the bad omen) but I was happy to discover Townsend was between the sticks. Things just seem less......frenetic when Nick is in goal. I'd heard that he'd been beaten at his near post but honestly that was a rasping poke from the Walsall lad. I couldn't honestly have blamed the keeper, whichever it had been, for that.

Dolan - he's been really very good from the spot. And this one wasn't a bad effort, well hit, bottom corner. It's worth remembering that Walsall's keeper is very highly rated by Brighton.