Re: Exiles Grandstand Barrow away

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Well Flynny,sit back and try and hold a 1-0 lead,great tactical decision.Then to top it off,bring on Dennis and Abrahams.There was one instance where Abraham is chasing their bloke in the box,I shout don’t foul and what does he do,send him back to Fulham.We needed Missilou on to try and tackle someone and Cooper to run at them.We lost 25 points from winning positions last season,when will Flynny learn.
Have to agree with you there Percy, we have 6 outfield players on the bench and 3 sub opportunities. So why bring on the 3 players who should only be there to make up the numbers including the one who shouldn't be anywhere near the squad barring injuries?
I would say that's all 3, not just 1.

Can;t argue with that
Who is responsible for these signings?
Flynn threw his toys at the mention of a Director of Football and signed quantity early on to avoid any interference. Very lazy signings and hence of low quality or a style that does not suit the Flynn way.
The Board and press need to ask him some hard questions - the press always appear afraid of him.

County ranger wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Who is responsible for these signings?
Flynn threw his toys at the mention of a Director of Football and signed quantity early on to avoid any interference. Very lazy signings and hence of low quality or a style that does not suit the Flynn way.
The Board and press need to ask him some hard questions - the press always appear afraid of him.
Okay. Working on the assumption that you are correct I would agree about the press. The South Wales Argus has failed as a local paper for years. It merely prints garbage given out by the club.

I agree with you also that the board need to ask Flynn some hard questions. However I would add that the directors of Newport County would have needed to sanction all of these signings. They need to ask some hard questions of themselves. And to give the answers to the supporters.

Cant comment on last night as I didn’t see it. Forgot it was on iplayer!

Something is wrong behind the scenes. Last week he said we were ‘work in progress’. A strange thing to say given we got to the playoffs. Could have just said we need to go one better.

This morning I see in the Gus he has called the performance of some last night as cowardly. Nice way to get the players on your side eh?

mad norm wrote:Appalling comment from Flynn
The players must be thoroughly p;seed off with him
I was a lousy manager. Too soft and too individualistic. But even I was able to grasp the basic of you bollock in private and praise in public.

Flynn needs to examine his own shortcomings. My biggest worry is that he doesn't cope well with pressure. When it comes to dealing with the ups and downs that we all have to deal with he could do far worse than take a leaf out of the book of the greatest County manager. A man of dignity under pressure, a class act, mourned by all of us of a certain age.

You can only play the boy from Pill card so often.

Ugo. wrote:Here you are. I don't know where to start on this one and I have said enough already

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... ly-barrow/
The only coward is Flynn - stand up and realise you have had your day and without a Lenny Lawrence type character to curb your childish, boorish, unprofessional behaviour you will never make it as a manager - we have no prospect of any other club taking him off our hands and he will milk us for money for as long as he can as he always has.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Well working in the steelworks I liked a manager telling you how it was

Keep telling them Flynny it's nice to have an honest manager
I don't have a problem with it either, snowflakes aren't going to win you promotion. However, if Flynn is prepared to dish it out he needs to admit he gets things wrong, which is becoming all too apparent of late. How he was not able to address our midfield frailties last night is worrying. Missilou was on the bench and expecting Willmott to do a job defending isn't gonna happen. Cooper unused is also odd.
It's frustrating as there is a half decent squad at his disposal. We need to improve at the back so play a 3 with Dem, Clarke and Norman/Dolan. Stiffen up midfield with Upson, Livermore and Azaz and attack with Cooper/Collins and Telford/Fisher. Use Missilou regularly off the bench to keep the midfield going 2nd half. Haynes at LWB and Lewis at RWB bombing down the flanks.

faerun exile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Well working in the steelworks I liked a manager telling you how it was

I don't have a problem with it either, snowflakes aren't going to win you promotion. However, if Flynn is prepared to dish it out he needs to admit he gets things wrong, which is becoming all too apparent of late. How he was not able to address our midfield frailties last night is worrying. Missilou was on the bench and expecting Willmott to do a job defending isn't gonna happen. Cooper unused is also odd.
It's frustrating as there is a half decent squad at his disposal. We need to improve at the back so play a 3 with Dem, Clarke and Norman/Dolan. Stiffen up midfield with Upson, Livermore and Azaz and attack with Cooper/Collins and Telford/Fisher. Use Missilou regularly off the bench to keep the midfield going 2nd half. Haynes at LWB and Lewis at RWB bombing down the flanks.
I don't have a problem with what Flynn said to the players. However Flynn should have confined his remarks to the media to....

'I have let my team know exactly what I thought of their performance tonight. However I am the manager and I will take responsibility and own that performance. We are all aware we let our fans down.'

Yes of course a manager should tell you how it is but he shouldn't be telling the whole world. He shouldn't call out individuals to the press. I bet your boss didnt go and tell the argus how you were?

Flynn also needs to take his share of the blame. His reaction to the players shortcoming was not good enough. His substitutions were at best mystifying. If he thinks they were the right subs at the right time then we are in trouble. He says the team wasnt defending in midfield yet he left Missilou on the bench and expected Willmott and Lewis playing out of position to cover it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
faerun exile wrote:

I don't have a problem with what Flynn said to the players. However Flynn should have confined his remarks to the media to....

'I have let my team know exactly what I thought of their performance tonight. However I am the manager and I will take responsibility and own that performance. We are all aware we let our fans down.'
Spot on that is how you build gravitas and respect in a dressing room.

Would partly agree with you, and also agree with Flynn's comments about the players, but don't agree they should be expressed publicly.
For what it's worth, personally I think the blame for our disappointing performances to date can be equally shared between poor management in team selections, use of substitutions and public comments; and the stark differential in performance levels from most of the players within games i.e. looking like certain winners for periods to certain losers for periods.
It's very easy to call for the managers' sacking every time we fail to win a game. Sadly an all too common trait amongst some supporters it seems at all professional clubs.