Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

UPTHEPORT wrote:Disgusting scenes in Liverpool last night and the South Coast during the day what is wrong with these people ! Bet they all pledged their undying love for the NHS few weeks back Hypocrites!!

Watch the spikes in these areas now

The Welsh government has got this right

Didn’t see the dickheads on Ogmore beach yesterday then?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-53186920
Last edited by Exile 1976 on June 26th, 2020, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

I agree with the last few posters, disgraceful and irresponsible scenes in England and Wales yesterday, and also more recently through other protests and gatherings.

While agreeing with Jon D's point about these idiots effectively becoming part of a herd immunity and exposing themselves to the virus, what I read in the SWA yesterday about the Welsh covid-19 victims was chilling - 2/3 of those who have died in Wales have been women with the inference this was because most of them worked in the NHS and died trying to save others. Idiots who deliberately flout the lockdown rules are putting other health staff in graver danger. Gwent & South Wales Police's policy of not fining those who breach the rules may be coming back to bite us (just 1 fine issued anywhere in South Wales as at 2wks ago) and is hardly a deterrent. Hopefully SWP will now be taking action against anyone involved in Ogmore yesterday and for anything else going forward. Curfews and fines for those involved is the way forward.
Last edited by DeePeeNCAFC on June 26th, 2020, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Disgusting scenes in Liverpool last night and the South Coast during the day what is wrong with these people ! Bet they all pledged their undying love for the NHS few weeks back Hypocrites!!

Anything to have a pop at Liverpool eh? You call them hypocrites. You cannot make it up.

Where is your condemnation of the scenes of the recent rave in Brixton? Where is your condemnation of the semi riots in Bristol a week or so ago when people mass gathered? Where is your condemnation of all the mass protests across the country lately? No, just give it out to a club that you dislike.

Those fans should not have been there. There is no real excuse for them congregating. Never mind, you can vent your anger if you dress it up with condemnation of scenes on the South Coast. Yet you call them hypocrites. Hmmm.

I did wonder how long it would take the scouse haters to comment. Given your comments about the cancellation of the Premier league some time ago, you were first in the queue. Sanctimonious twaddle.

I sincerely hope there are no more mass gatherings in Scouseland. The official celebrations can wait.

I'm alright Jack knows no boundaries..
A society that has lost social skills
A society that is not taught social skill
Feral youths out and about with no purpose
A depressing scenario
Another point...are water cannon available to Britain's finest?
Easy dispersal of raves any where... first jet at sound system,second jet at crowd.
Sorted
On another more pleasant note I was bowling with son and friends last night down by the Burys in Godalming.. lovely Riverside location. Many families and groups chilling out with food a few beers....clearly no room for the usual few dickheads who
Cloud the air with pot and do nothing skillfully

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:[quote=
Always struck me as odd the plural of one water cannon is two water cannon, and not cannons. But, yes, I agree - high-powered water fired at illegal or unsafe protests across the world might be a better way of dispersing the crowds. Except we've got a water shortage / rationing coming soon.[/quote]

Didn't Johnson spend a fortune on a water cannon when mayor of London only to find it was illegal to use it?

Amberexile wrote:
Always struck me as odd the plural of one water cannon is two water cannon, and not cannons. But, yes, I agree - high-powered water fired at illegal or unsafe protests across the world might be a better way of dispersing the crowds. Except we've got a water shortage / rationing coming soon.
Didn't Johnson spend a fortune on a water cannon when mayor of London only to find it was illegal to use it?[/quote]

I don't know whether it is illegal to use water cannon, as they have certainly been used in Northern Ireland. However May stopped Johnson using them in London. Firstly because of practical problems, they were too big for London streets, they needed costly repairs and so on.
Also water cannon are problematic. The can cause injury directly, and if used sooner or later people are knocked off their feet and receive injury. Secondly they are indiscriminate. If a crowd contains peace protesters they too are met with full force.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Always struck me as odd the plural of one water cannon is two water cannon, and not cannons. But, yes, I agree - high-powered water fired at illegal or unsafe protests across the world might be a better way of dispersing the crowds. Except we've got a water shortage / rationing coming soon.
Didn't Johnson spend a fortune on a water cannon when mayor of London only to find it was illegal to use it?
I don't know whether it is illegal to use water cannon, as they have certainly been used in Northern Ireland. However May stopped Johnson using them in London. Firstly because of practical problems, they were too big for London streets, they needed costly repairs and so on.
Also water cannon are problematic. The can cause injury directly, and if used sooner or later people are knocked off their feet and receive injury. Secondly they are indiscriminate. If a crowd contains peace protesters they too are met with full force.[/quote]

Well I'm sure there are a lot of peace protesters who regularly attend illegal raves
:grin:

pembsexile wrote:

Anything to have a pop at Liverpool eh? You call them hypocrites. You cannot make it up.

Where is your condemnation of the scenes of the recent rave in Brixton? Where is your condemnation of the semi riots in Bristol a week or so ago when people mass gathered? Where is your condemnation of all the mass protests across the country lately? No, just give it out to a club that you dislike.

Those fans should not have been there. There is no real excuse for them congregating. Never mind, you can vent your anger if you dress it up with condemnation of scenes on the South Coast. Yet you call them hypocrites. Hmmm.

I did wonder how long it would take the scouse haters to comment. Given your comments about the cancellation of the Premier league some time ago, you were first in the queue. Sanctimonious twaddle.

I sincerely hope there are no more mass gatherings in Scouseland. The official celebrations can wait.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-53203765

At least the club except its wrong :roll:

It is bizarre that fans think they can congregate in large numbers ignoring social distancing outside the ground or in the city.Why has football been put on hold with empty stadiums,there is a pandemic that's why.Crowds think it's ok to cram onto a beach again ignoring social distancing.Even worse,they leave tons of rubbish behind which itself will cause a health crisis.They have brains,it would help if they used them.

Percy plunkett wrote:It is bizarre that fans think they can congregate in large numbers ignoring social distancing outside the ground or in the city.Why has football been put on hold with empty stadiums,there is a pandemic that's why.Crowds think it's ok to cram onto a beach again ignoring social distancing.Even worse,they leave tons of rubbish behind which itself will cause a health crisis.They have brains,it would help if they used them.
Yep thick as ****