Re: The jab

Had my first jab today in Devon, well-oiled system in place, a bit like a sausage factory. No queues, in & out in less than 3mins and they even gave me the date for my second jab appointment. Have to hope stocks don’t run out (very few vials available in April).

Had the AZ, no side effects so far but if I start supporting Cardiff then I’ll know it has affected me!

Good Evening

If you had it today I hope you are ok tomorrow. My wife had it yesterday and has been pretty under the weather today. Tired, achy and feeling cold. I too had similar the day after.
Hopefully you won’t suffer too much especially with a game to watch tomorrow!

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Evening

If you had it today I hope you are ok tomorrow. My wife had it yesterday and has been pretty under the weather today. Tired, achy and feeling cold. I too had similar the day after.

Phil in Northampton
Thanks for the heads up Phil, and I hope you & Mrs N are ok now?

As Capn Sir Tom Morgan said: “Tomorrow will be a better day”. The sun will be out, I’ve just treated myself to a new convertible car so looking forward to feeling well enough to drive it in nice weather and later watch County win 3-0, OG from Turley, one from Podge and a late goal from Super Joe Ledley. I wonder what odds I could get on that score and those scorers?

Have a good weekend

Phil in Northampton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56375307

Interesting article Phil it is a bit of a Taboo you don't hear much of it talked about in the media and they don't tell you before you have the jab

I was rough for a few days my sister who is a staff nurse said she was really ill for a good week after

Personally if I was in work I'd have had to have phoned in sick wrote off my four days off basically

Good Morning

Yes, all very similar experiences it seems, I would advise anyone able to book a jab to consider what they have to do the day or so after. Plan a calm day, possibly take a day off work if necessary.
I still have a very slight discomfort in my upper arm when raising it high. Not sure if connected but have read of SIRVA, a recognised condition where the vaccine was administered into the wrong part of the arm.

Phil in Northampton

UPTHEPORT wrote:

Phil in Northampton

Interesting article Phil it is a bit of a Taboo you don't hear much of it talked about in the media and they don't tell you before you have the jab

I was rough for a few days my sister who is a staff nurse said she was really ill for a good week after

Personally if I was in work I'd have had to have phoned in sick wrote off my four days off basically
Had 2nd Pfizer dose yesterday. Just as reported in BBC report I had worse side effects with 2nd dose. Nothing major. Tired and achy.

Blackandamber wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Phil in Northampton

Had 2nd Pfizer dose yesterday. Just as reported in BBC report I had worse side effects with 2nd dose. Nothing major. Tired and achy.

Glad to hear that I've had covid so apprantly it's worse with side effects

I'd be very dubious about a booster jab if one is needed

Right. As of this morning Bill Gates has control of me.

I paid a bit extra for the Pfizer jab. Seems I'm a bleeder as I left a trail of blood between the vaccination chair and the recovery area. No noticeable side effects yet other than an urge to smash up my IPhone and Mac, though Pfizer patients suffer more side effects from jab 2, whereas AZ patients suffer more with jab 1.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Got to ask Jon how come you had to pay
Sorry I'm just a pillock. It was one of my more stupid attempts at humour (all my family and friends have had AZ, so I have been teasing them about bribing the nurses).

Humour JohnD?
Behave yourself
Take my lead and be sensible on this forum
Apologise for humour???? There ARE limits
On an observational note over the years, although I'm not well travelled, I'm convinced humour, like accents varies from region to region.

Had the AZ jab yesterday afternoon at the Newport centre, didn’t have any side effects until about 8 hours later, then it hit me, fever shivering every damn joint in my body was in agony, not looking forward to the 2nd one.

All the staff were fantastic and so helpful, very efficient process