Re: The hundred

Pile of crap if you ask me. Don't see any major difference in format to T20. Have no connection to the Welsh Fire so god knows who anyone from the West Country will be supporting. Not sure if its because of Covid but a lot of very average cricketers and cricket being played. Less said about the women the better.

faerun exile wrote:Pile of crap if you ask me. Don't see any major difference in format to T20. Have no connection to the Welsh Fire so god knows who anyone from the West Country will be supporting. Not sure if its because of Covid but a lot of very average cricketers and cricket being played. Less said about the women the better.
Crowd attendances would suggest very many take a different view

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Pile of crap if you ask me. Don't see any major difference in format to T20. Have no connection to the Welsh Fire so god knows who anyone from the West Country will be supporting. Not sure if its because of Covid but a lot of very average cricketers and cricket being played. Less said about the women the better.
Crowd attendances would suggest very many take a different view
Maybe so but its not for me. Only watched a couple of games and turned off, crowds looked modest in those. The current cricket structure and calendar is a complete mess, which is a great shame. Squeezing another crap format of a competition into the summer is desperate. Hundred is over hyped rubbish.

What I don't get is Glamorgan played last Thursday night haven't got a game until Essex on Monday madness yet other times they cram in games doesn't make sense use as much time up in August as possible

And for me the hundred was ok but really not much different than T20 imo

I'm more of a red ball fan anyway

Really enjoyed it. It’s just a bit of fun and the crowds got into it. Plus most of the games I watched were really close too.
Granted it’s not test cricket but it’s a pathway into it for people who have never watched or considered watching cricket before.

UPTHEPORT wrote:What I don't get is Glamorgan played last Thursday night haven't got a game until Essex on Monday madness yet other times they cram in games doesn't make sense use as much time up in August as possible

And for me the hundred was ok but really not much different than T20 imo

I'm more of a red ball fan anyway
It's cricket, Jim, but not as we know it...
There's Klingons on the starboard bow...