Re: Huxstable

Barnabas wrote:He might be an awful referee, but he was absolutely right to take the teams off when the drone flew over.
I agree, I remember a tragic case in my youth where a ref and players were struck by lightning - players safety comes first.

SJG99 wrote:I have to say if anything I thought he was far too lenient for County v Lincoln, red card aside. Let too much go to begin with and then giving out random cards and fouls for things he'd allowed earlier.
That’s the mistake a lot of refs make and then they wonder why they lost control of it.

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:
SJG99 wrote:I have to say if anything I thought he was far too lenient for County v Lincoln, red card aside. Let too much go to begin with and then giving out random cards and fouls for things he'd allowed earlier.
That’s the mistake a lot of refs make and then they wonder why they lost control of it.

wise words when I started Reffin ok it was only parks level start each game with the attitude your not getting your cards out today and work from there

UPTHEPORT wrote:
lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:

wise words when I started Reffin ok it was only parks level start each game with the attitude your not getting your cards out today and work from there
Another bit of advice I got from a league ref was “ if it’s a red card , it’s a red whether in the first or the ninetieth minute “ . He said that he failed to do that at the Dell and the game was an absolute nightmare for him to control from then on.

Surely the f.a. will do something about this fool who thinks it.s all about me.
Where does it say a ref. should stop a game if a kids drone flies over. What about the Wenger out plane that kept flying over the Arsenal away game last season?

amberdave wrote:Surely the f.a. will do something about this fool who thinks it.s all about me.
Where does it say a ref. should stop a game if a kids drone flies over. What about the Wenger out plane that kept flying over the Arsenal away game last season?
It's a sensible thing to do if there's a potential threat to players. Drones have short battery life and the control and controller's motives are unclear, as opposed to aeroplanes, where you know who's controlling it and that they're not going to park the thing in pieces on the pitch in the next few minutes. Where drones or drone-like cameras are used they need to be specifically approved in advance, and usually cameras overhead are supported on wires for safety reasons.

Which is just as well as most of London's stadia are on one flight path or another, as is St Mary's Stadium, and the interruptions would get a bit tedious.