Re: What do you make of this

UPTHEPORT wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -died.html

Not a Mail fan but was sent link it does look bad for those down the road
What I'm led to believe is that Cardiff want to look in to the part played by Willie McKay the agent employed by FC Nantes, Cardiff have evidence that McKay inflated the transfer fee (which he earned 10% of) by saying he was also in talks with West Ham & Everton along with Cardiff as Nantes wanted to cash in on Sala as they owed Bordeaux 50% of any sell on fee. Cardiff have asked other PL clubs namely WHU & Everton if they were in talks with Nantes/McKay which it appears they were not!

The other points are that it was McKay hired the plane to take Sala back to Cardiff which was a 35 year old Piper Malibu single engine plane flown by an amateur pilot who's main job was a boiler engineer, its not been confirmed if David Ibbotson held the correct licence to carry paying passengers.

Lastly the plane took THREE attempts to take off and the plane in question 1 shouldn't have been flying over water & 2 flying at night! So that's why Cardiff want answers before they pay the first £5m instalment of the transfer fee. What ever happens I can see Cardiff taking legal action against McKay owed Sala & the pilot a duty of care!

CTY74 wrote:

What I'm led to believe is that Cardiff want to look in to the part played by Willie McKay the agent employed by FC Nantes, Cardiff have evidence that McKay inflated the transfer fee (which he earned 10% of) by saying he was also in talks with West Ham & Everton along with Cardiff as Nantes wanted to cash in on Sala as they owed Bordeaux 50% of any sell on fee. Cardiff have asked other PL clubs namely WHU & Everton if they were in talks with Nantes/McKay which it appears they were not!

The other points are that it was McKay hired the plane to take Sala back to Cardiff which was a 35 year old Piper Malibu single engine plane flown by an amateur pilot who's main job was a boiler engineer, its not been confirmed if David Ibbotson held the correct licence to carry paying passengers.

Lastly the plane took THREE attempts to take off and the plane in question 1 shouldn't have been flying over water & 2 flying at night! So that's why Cardiff want answers before they pay the first £5m instalment of the transfer fee. What ever happens I can see Cardiff taking legal action against McKay owed Sala & the pilot a duty of care!
Two words, caveat emptor

CTY74 wrote:

If Cardiff have a complaint, and it's a big if, it is with the agent or the pilot. The pilot is dead and they can sue the agent.

Cardiff City are behaving disgracefully. Some years ago the club I support did pretty much the same thing in trying to worm out of payments to a players who could no longer play. Thank God the player concerned only had broken legs.

However, disgraceful as our episode was, it pails in comparison. Cardiff City in dealing with this matter the way they have, where a twenty eight year old man has died, are a club totally devoid of class, who bring nothing but shame on themselves and their City.

In my view. And other facts may alter this, but what I have read is irrelevant. Whether the Premier League are satisfied with the registration, the contract for or of employment is between the player and the club. The contract between the clubs is between the clubs.

By way of analogy. If I sold you a car and the DVLA refused to give you road tax because you had failed to insure it and thus refused you permission to drive it. To argue that the contract of sale between me and you was invalid would not have any standing.