Re: The 50 to 59 thread

Is this the speed dating room for 50 to 59 year olds. Any ladies here yet?

Was just booted out of the 40 to 49 club.

Joking aside. Hope all are good, we are in a very stressful situation. Probably the closest we will ever experience to being alive in a world war. Still nowhere close. I'm working from home here on my own, feels very strange indeed. Hope all of you guys and ladies are doing OK.... I saw there is a F1 game race with some formula E , a couple of F1 drivers, Real Madrid and Ex Chelsea GK Curtois and others taking part. They've done USA and Bahrain so far. It's almost sport. As soon as the football stopped, I figured there may be a FIFA mini premier league with players from each of the teams representing themselves in matches., If it happened for League 2 teams, we may even make the play offs.
Lol!

Anyway hope all good with you and your families.

Room for another one?

Shall I put the kettle on? Seeing as tea is all we can drink, with impeccable timing but absolutely no-one's fault -

- Excise duty / beer prices frozen in the budget this month, then the pubs all shut,
- Unit price for take-away alcohol from supermarkets etc increased to make it much dearer. That's if you can find any beer in those shops.

So far, I'm fit and healthy. Had a niggling cold coming for weeks now but no full-blown virus yet. No cough or high temperature anyway. I've bought one of those digital thermometers, my neighbour says he'll pop round later to check his temperature as he hasn't got one. I'm gonna wait til he pops it in his mouth before telling him it's a rectal thermometer and was up my bum an hour ago, heehee.

I've been for my once-a-day exercise walking the dog, poor hound is getting walked by all my family each day and he's knackered.

Supposedly, in our age bracket, we have a reasonable chance of shaking off covid-19 if we get it, assuming no underlying problems like being a closet Cardiff City fan. Stupid as it sounds, I'm undecided if I want to catch it right now, as all the reports suggest it may resurface in a different or stronger form after the lockdown ends and people start living fairly normally again. At least if we get it now, when our immune systems are stronger and not worn down by living indoors 24/7 then maybe our bodies will fight off any second strain in the future.

Stay safe folks.

Like DeePee, I've pondered whether getting the virus now might be the best long-term option.

Spookily, like DeePee also, I've had the beginnings of a cold for weeks and weeks. It's just never actually morphed into a proper cold.

My "local" pub was selling takeaway beer as they'd been stuck with quite a bit of stock. I rocked up and they filled a four pint bottle with Three Cliffs Gold (a particular favourite of mine), but by the time I started on it a few hours later it had gone totally flat.

Well, I'm still here and doing my bit to help folk locally. Still wish my 'slight head cold' and blocked nose would bugger off or at least turn into a cold which I can recover from.

I'm missing football a bit, stupidly missing the daily commute into work more though. And missing the simple things in life (popping down the local for a pint, meeting friends and family) even more.

Fingers crossed that you guys are healthy and getting through this ok.

It'd be fair to say my working from home productivity has hit the skids. I've been investigating a "needle in a haystack" computing problem that someone has described to me third-hand (that's the civil service way, it seems) and I'm now spending as much time staring blankly out of the window as I am staring blankly at a screen.

My missus is being made to jump through hoops by her boss who seems to be inventing work for her to do. The atmosphere in the house is building pressure.

Thanks Phil & crew, nice to hear from you. I'm more of a lurker here these days but follow everything closely. Schooldays were a bit more hairy but much the same for anyone on a birthday, the bumps etc, but the main advantage is, is that nobody ever forgets as it is a key date in the calendar lol. Stay safe maybe we'll get to meet up at a game after this crisis passes.