Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

UPTHEPORT wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:So Boris is allowed to travel the Country then
He could have done all that online

One rule etc
It’s no wonder not all the public have cooperated with the lockdown ( though the majority have of course ) . Too many politicians and establishment figures think and act like the rules don’t apply to them.
Yep the bloke is an utter ****
Remind me how Wales is getting on with the vaccine program under its Marxist leader?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

One rule etc
It’s no wonder not all the public have cooperated with the lockdown ( though the majority have of course ) . Too many politicians and establishment figures think and act like the rules don’t apply to them.
Remind me how Wales is getting on with the vaccine program under its Marxist leader?
Not sure but everyone in royal Gwent was given opportunity last week to have jab I took up that offer

So great new front line workers here in Wales being looked after

UPTHEPORT wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

One rule etc
Pretty well I think, I’m in the over 70’s group and I’ve had mine. The rural counties may be a bit slower due to infrastructure differences. You think Drakeford is a Marxist? :lol: If only eh? Be better than a xenophobic monarchist little England at least.

lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

One rule etc
Pretty well I think, I’m in the over 70’s group and I’ve had mine. The rural counties may be a bit slower due to infrastructure differences. You think Drakeford is a Marxist? :lol: If only eh? Be better than a xenophobic monarchist little England at least.
Statistics, eh
There's plenty more to choose from

It certainly seems to be happening at pace in Wales. My surgery rang me last week and I had the jab yesterday. Meanwhile I had a letter calling me to a vaccination centre in town. Naturally I refused the later one but shows they seem to be covering all bases. I honestly now think that the failure to complete the over 80s so far is because outside large conurbations it’s difficult for them to get to the centres and are waiting for their GPs and district nurses, pharmacists to offer the jab.

Pleased to hear L & H that you've had your Vaccine already. I'm hearing that Aneurin Bevan is doing particularly well compared to the other Health authorities in Wales also ? Well done to all those doing the vaccinating locally and throughout Wales. I'm sure Drakeford hasn't been doing any personally.
It continues to sadden me when I hear and read of the staggering political ignorance shown by individuals who describe Drakeford as a Marxist; yet I shouldn't be surprised, after-all we have a PM who I consider as an inept out of his depth bumbling buffoon.
Having said that I don't blame politicians entirely for this countries tragically high death toll and current high case numbers.
The biggest factor IMO is the large numbers (I accept still a minority) of selfish, ignorant or negligent people who cannot observe the basic social distancing rules; do not self isolate when told to do so, or have tested positive; and do not take a test when displaying covid symptoms.
The message still has to be 'The elderly should avoid LARGE crowds', and will need to do so for many months yet. Hopefully the vaccine roll-out will eventually prove successful in making life a lot safer and less restrictive. How successful still remains to be seen. Trial predictions of efficacy is one thing. Actuality on a mass scale another.

UPTHEPORT wrote:So better than Boris TIC there's your answer
And I wonder what supplies would have been like if left to that mob down Cardiff Bay, perhaps the EU mess gives us an idea.

By the way, the latest scores on the doors for percentage of vaccinated population are :-
NI 4.1%
England 3.5%
Scotland 3.0%
Wales. 2.7%

It seems that Team Drakeford is in a relegation position, don’t worry UTP they will still get re-elected :lol:

As was said, lies, damn lies and statistics!

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Pleased to hear L & H that you've had your Vaccine already. I'm hearing that Aneurin Bevan is doing particularly well compared to the other Health authorities in Wales also ? Well done to all those doing the vaccinating locally and throughout Wales. I'm sure Drakeford hasn't been doing any personally.
It continues to sadden me when I hear and read of the staggering political ignorance shown by individuals who describe Drakeford as a Marxist; yet I shouldn't be surprised, after-all we have a PM who I consider as an inept out of his depth bumbling buffoon.
Having said that I don't blame politicians entirely for this countries tragically high death toll and current high case numbers.
The biggest factor IMO is the large numbers (I accept still a minority) of selfish, ignorant or negligent people who cannot observe the basic social distancing rules; do not self isolate when told to do so, or have tested positive; and do not take a test when displaying covid symptoms.
The message still has to be 'The elderly should avoid LARGE crowds', and will need to do so for many months yet. Hopefully the vaccine roll-out will eventually prove successful in making life a lot safer and less restrictive. How successful still remains to be seen. Trial predictions of efficacy is one thing. Actuality on a mass scale another.
Cheers mate! The development I fear is that by the time the program has been rolled out, it’ll have to start all over again with a new vaccine for the scary new mutations. I’m not having a Brazilian yet that’s for sure. :lol:

mad norm wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Drakeford's made mistakes, but none as bad as some of the decisions made by Boris and the English government. Had the UK gone for the 'Marxist' option in the last general election, I've no doubt that many of those 100,000 would still be alive.
:shock:
Oh come on, this pandemic is not hindsight thing
But one of the major issues was (lack of) foresight. Shortage of PPE very nearly scuppered the NHS and care homes in the early days.

excessbee wrote:
mad norm wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Drakeford's made mistakes, but none as bad as some of the decisions made by Boris and the English government. Had the UK gone for the 'Marxist' option in the last general election, I've no doubt that many of those 100,000 would still be alive.
But one of the major issues was (lack of) foresight. Shortage of PPE very nearly scuppered the NHS and care homes in the early days.
Got to say we never had PPE issues in our health board I've spoken to a porter in South meads hospital he was having to reuse gloves earlier in the pandemic

mad norm wrote:
Captain Hindsight is an epithet “ enjoyed “ by Keir Starmer at the expense of Johnson the most incompetent PM I’ve had the misfortune to witness. I have no respect for either of them. Imho they are insignificant political dwarfs of no credibility whatsoever.
What I think is undeniable is that early or even prompt action would have saved many lives and even spared the economy to some extent, the terrible ravages of this virus.
I’m a retired health worker and my wife worked in the banking sector but we both saw which way this was going and returned from Cornwall to South Wales to our home in January and pulled out of meeting friends and family at a sporting fixture in February that we were shocked was taking place, we were incredulous that the Cheltenham festival wasn’t called off and we started to stay at home from then on. It didn’t take huge insight, just a glance at the news and world affairs to see this horror unfolding. An even greater tragedy is that this government seems not to have learned by experience and their continuing incompetence and greed in entrusting services to their cronies has compounded what is a complete national disaster. I think Johnson et al will be condemned by history for their shortcomings which are considerable and diverse. About the only thing they seem to have got right is investigating in vaccine production.
Last edited by lowandhard on January 29th, 2021, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.