Re: The jab

llanwern exile wrote:Going for the vaccine jab on thursday! any of my fellow exiles who have had theirs had any problems or side affects that i should feel worried about.
Afternoon had the Phzer jab 3 weeks back now they had drop in session at Gwent for front line staff had sore arm and got to be honest it ruined my weekend because I felt very heavy limbs you know the feeling when you got heavy cold so couldn't go on long walks with my dog but after that weekend I was great

But saying that others I talked to had no side effects

Anyway good luck

llanwern exile wrote:Going for the vaccine jab on thursday! any of my fellow exiles who have had theirs had any problems or side affects that i should feel worried about.
Had the Oxford jab a few weeks ago. Couldn’t have the Pfizer because of allergy issues. No problem at all. However, the Nurse sitting next to me was bricking it. She said that she knew of 6 people who had the Oxford jab and all were sick. I spoke to her again the other day and she said she was fine.

Personally I couldn’t give a fig about how sick I might have been. I was having that jab whatever. Only had 2hrs notice but I made it.

I'm having mine next Sunday. I concerned that my wife hasn't received her letter yet. She's in the same age group as me but has underlying health problems and she's due to have an operation at the Gwent in a few weeks. Is there any number I can ring about this? I wouldn't mind swapping dates with my wife, if that's allowed. I rang my GP surgery but they couldn't tell me anything as they're not in charge of sending out the vaccination invitations.

Had the vaccine this morning, all went ok until i came out of newport centre, i had an irrisistable urge to buy a cardiff city shirt i did'nt know the side effects were that bad, luckily my wife was with me she held my hand tightly until i came to my scences all ok now did;nt feel a thing.

llanwern exile wrote:Had the vaccine this morning, all went ok until i came out of newport centre, i had an irrisistable urge to buy a cardiff city shirt i did'nt know the side effects were that bad, luckily my wife was with me she held my hand tightly until i came to my scences all ok now did;nt feel a thing.
Bloody hell mate, that is the worst allergic reaction I have ever heard of. Your Mrs is a star for protecting you :grin:

pembsexile wrote:
llanwern exile wrote:Had the vaccine this morning, all went ok until i came out of newport centre, i had an irrisistable urge to buy a cardiff city shirt i did'nt know the side effects were that bad, luckily my wife was with me she held my hand tightly until i came to my scences all ok now did;nt feel a thing.
Bloody hell mate, that is the worst allergic reaction I have ever heard of. Your Mrs is a star for protecting you :grin:
She is that mike :cheers: :cheers:

Oh dear, Llanwern that sounds like you have caught covid I’m sorry to say. Buying a Cardiff shirt? I know loss of taste is a general side effect but I didn’t realise it got that bad! Stay safe

Had my A/Z couple of days ago and had cold like symptoms that night i.e. aches and shivers but fine since. A very small price to pay.
Must say I'm so grateful for the awesome job the NHS and volunteers are doing in rolling out the vaccine delivery in the UK.
Especially when comparing it to Europe. They appeared to 'show off' big time when they weren't getting as many doses as they were expecting, some even suggesting we should sent them some of ours; and now I'm reading reports that tens of thousands are not turning up for appointments or refusing to have the A/Z vaccine.

llanwern exile wrote:I had the pffizer vaccine! just felt slightly sick during the night but all was ok the next morning, as for these people refusing the jab imho they are no better than drunk drivers and should be treated as such.
Strange analogy, but the power of social media? Now apparently adverts on TV to encourage those who are not keen that it'll protect them from a killer virus.
Bizarre