Re: The jab

UPTHEPORT wrote:Just had my second jab at Newport center brilliant service fair play
Good news. Compelled me to say once again what a brilliant service the whole country appears to be providing in rolling out the vaccine, giving me optimism that the vaccine programme (note the non-Americanized spelling) will significantly reduce hospitalisations and deaths.
Sadly I don't share the same optimism for the case rates being as significantly reduced due to the apparently increasing non-compliance to the basic 'lock-down rules' relating to social distancing, self isolation and testing. This leads me to believe that the virus will continue to be prevalent throughout the country long after the jabs have all been administered. Maybe for the rest of my life-time?
Although admittedly I am in the later stages of that journey.

Apparently the board of directors of Newport County refer to it as doing a Stanley. At first I was deeply touched by this gesture of reconciliation, but have now been told that they regard the jab as an irritating little pr!ck, but nothing to worry about. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can do self deprecation too.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Just had my second jab at Newport center brilliant service fair play
Good news. Compelled me to say once again what a brilliant service the whole country appears to be providing in rolling out the vaccine, giving me optimism that the vaccine programme (note the non-Americanized spelling) will significantly reduce hospitalisations and deaths.
Sadly I don't share the same optimism for the case rates being as significantly reduced due to the apparently increasing non-compliance to the basic 'lock-down rules' relating to social distancing, self isolation and testing. This leads me to believe that the virus will continue to be prevalent throughout the country long after the jabs have all been administered. Maybe for the rest of my life-time?

We will never be clear of Covid....Like the Influenza virus it is a virus we will have to live with , get vaccinated from and do our best to live with it day to day.
It will get better the more people get vaccinated but it will never be clear and we will all probably need a top up vaccine every year for the foreseeable future, maybe twice a year to control it.
Hopefully Social distancing , wearing masks and hand washing and sanitising etc as we are advised to do so much now may ease the more and more people that get vaccinated
Hopefully once we reach at least 75/80% vaccination lock downs will be condemned to history as we know them

neilcork68 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

We will never be clear of Covid....Like the Influenza virus it is a virus we will have to live with , get vaccinated from and do our best to live with it day to day.
It will get better the more people get vaccinated but it will never be clear and we will all probably need a top up vaccine every year for the foreseeable future, maybe twice a year to control it.
Hopefully Social distancing , wearing masks and hand washing and sanitising etc as we are advised to do so much now may ease the more and more people that get vaccinated
Hopefully once we reach at least 75/80% vaccination lock downs will be condemned to history as we know them
I share your views on this matter, but fear the aspiration of June 21 for the end of 'lockdown measures' may be overly optimistic.

I'm priority group 8 and, according to the omni-wotsit website I should get my jabs by 2nd April and 25 June.

The Swindon Advertiser reports that everyone in Wiltshire aged 18 and over will have been offered Jab 1 by April 30.

llanwern exile wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
llanwern exile wrote:Just had my invite for my second jab on 17th march.
May I ask what age bracket/priority group you are in?
I am 68 and diabetic.
Thanks for your reply. Seem to recall we are of a similar age, but wasn't expecting my second until May. Rightly being diabetic makes you of higher priority.

I was speaking to someone yesterday in que at petrol station they where saying they had a call on Sunday late to say did they want a jab asap because they had spares left at end of session

Not sure if it was BS mind but they where in there 30s

UPTHEPORT wrote:I was speaking to someone yesterday in que at petrol station they where saying they had a call on Sunday late to say did they want a jab asap because they had spares left at end of session

Rather someone have it that it going to waste, but someone in their 30s seems strange?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I was speaking to someone yesterday in que at petrol station they where saying they had a call on Sunday late to say did they want a jab asap because they had spares left at end of session

Rather someone have it that it going to waste, but someone in their 30s seems strange?
Yep but obviously I don't know them or medical conditions

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Something strange is going on with the vaccine programme. My son in law is in his early thirties and yesterday he had notification of his first vaccine in Pembs next Thursday. He has no underlying medical condition.

On the BBC news yesterday it was reported that in a village in Suffolk 66% of all people, all ages have already had the vaccine.

It is being rolled out faster than anticipated. Good.