Re: Exiled Exiles thread

A big thank you to the following Exiled Exiles who have responded to the initial post. I did promise that I would list all names of the people who have replied so far. Here it is;

Pembsexile
Mr Figo
Mad Norm
Pirates
Phil in Northampton
Dogger
County Exile
Butlins Amber

Please keep the names coming, there are lots of you out there! If you do reply, please give some indication of what you would like from the club as an ‘Exiled Exile’. As stated previously, we know that County officials read the mb and I will also pass this info on eventually to someone at the club. Thanks for the replies so far.

Pirates wrote:I am working and living in the USA . I am Approaching retirement which will be split between Pennsylvania and Florida.
Newport through and through but can average only 3 or 4 games a season for obvious reasons .
Would clearly like to think outside the box and put something back in to the club as my gift to them .
Could this work ?—- Is it legal.?

My offer is the following :
One week in my new Gulf of Mexico home in Florida for two people . ( West Coast )
Meet and greet at airport and return.
Refrigerator full of everything —-from Alcohol to food.
Day trip-to Florida Everglades. Day trip to outlet mall
Day trip deep sea sport fishing .
Tickets to professional ice hockey or baseball game depending on season.
( no professional football in my area) .
How to get this .
Someone in Newport sells tickets at £5 each —or even £10——winner gets the prize .

I must not be involved in handling any cash —sure that would be illegal.

Could we ( not me but someone in Newport) sell 3,000 tickets and raise £15,000 or £20,000.? All money to the club
Zero for me.
I want NOTHING back .

Is it a good or useless idea ?
I'd buy a few tickets and I'm going in January anyway... :lol:

Not sure about the Lightning though, more of a Penguins fan! (Close family friends from Erie and Pittsburgh)

I moved away from Newport in 2010 and to be honest I hated Spytty Park so didn't travel down to games very often.
It was the FA trophy game at Worksop that gave me back the bug and the move to RP certainly helped.
I now (before covid) get to about 6 home games and probably 8 or 9 away games (work commitments allowing) a season
I quite enjoy being an exile and as I work with a few Mansfied and Chesterfield fans there's always someone to talk to who realises there's more to football than the Premier league and who understand why I would spend nigh on 100 quid to get down and watch the County

Newport born and bred, grew up in Maindee - a stones throw from RP. My parents still live there - Dad started talking me to Somerton Park in 1976 when I was 7, went to all the big games in the 1977 - 1984 era (West Ham, Shrewsbury in the Welsh Cup Final, CZJ, Everton x2 etc) then lost touch when I left school - Started taking my son (who still lives in Newport) to watch a few Conference South games at Spytty in 2008/09 and we’re now both Supporters Trust Members and Season Ticket Holders.

Moved to Swindon to be closer to Reading for work in 2013 but still get to most home games and some “away games” that are often closer than home games. My 2 young kids both turn up to football training in their county kits - which turns a few heads….

A quick update with a new list of all the Exiled exiles who have responded so far. Thank you all. Please keep them coming.

Pembsexile
Mr Figo
Mad Norm
Pirates
Phil in Northampton
Dogger
County Exile
Butlins Amber
Elmo
Workshop Amber
Trev
Deano
Coxy

There are a few others who have indicated that themselves and others could be included but they haven’t indicated as so on this board.

The initiative has moved forward and I have spoken to a Director who has indicated that they would be happy to take on board what we are trying to do.

I will be passing on the names and comments at some stage in the future. Could I just remind everyone please; when you indicate that you are interested, please indicate what you would like from the club as an exile and also please let me know if there is anything that you could do for the club at all. It doesn’t matter how small the suggestion is, any offer will be included. Thanks.
Last edited by pembsexile on July 20th, 2021, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.