Re: I know this isn't about football

Well I’m going to show a bit more respect than you guys, a truly sad day to hear of the loss of creative talents like that of John Challis & Jimmy Greaves.

2 top performers in their field and I’m gutted to hear they’ve gone.

Jimmy Greaves was a hugely entertaining footballer and pundit, battled demons for a while and suffered ill health for longer but is up there with the best who have played.

John Challis, Boycie, was very funny and a truly great actor. Listened to him on the radio recently talking about his solo concerts and was looking forward to seeing him live.

Sad day, RIP John and Jimmy

yourfinalanswer wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:If you read our euro millions thread it's to benefit the Club
So it is football related

I don't think so... It is asking people to help you feed your Addiction?

It’s pretty obvious you’ve got a big problem about “ gambling “ . Now I never gamble apart from a couple of quid on this Euromillions with Uptheport and I and I suspect those of us that participate can just about afford that without it depriving our families. As for being football related, we’ve pledged that we’ll benefit the club if we win and this was a condition of our little flutter. You are beginning to sound totally ridiculous.

lowandhard wrote:
yourfinalanswer wrote:

It’s pretty obvious you’ve got a big problem about “ gambling “ . Now I never gamble apart from a couple of quid on this Euromillions with Uptheport and I and I suspect those of us that participate can just about afford that without it depriving our families. As for being football related, we’ve pledged that we’ll benefit the club if we win and this was a condition of our little flutter. You are beginning to sound totally ridiculous.
I don’t think he has any problem with gambling at all. For some obscure reason he has an issue with Jim. It’s like listening to the Competition Man all over again. Your last sentence is spot on.

pembsexile wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
yourfinalanswer wrote:

I don’t think he has any problem with gambling at all. For some obscure reason he has an issue with Jim. It’s like listening to the Competition Man all over again. Your last sentence is spot on.

Yep. Add to that the amount of actual football related threads that have been moved to 'everything else' as they have gone off on a tangent, yet this still remains on here. Maybe it only works like that if you're not Harps, Einstein or Corky???

lowandhard wrote:
yourfinalanswer wrote:

It’s pretty obvious you’ve got a big problem about “ gambling “ . You are right.

You want to gamble it is your choice. How can you say that this is football-related (Gambling)? It isn't the football pools. Do you know what your chances are of winning the Euro lottery? Let me tell you Euro-millions.com says the odds of picking five numbers and the two Lucky Stars is 1 in 139,838, 160.

Winning the lottery isn't going to get you your stadium, It's nice to dream. The only way you are going to get your stadium is if someone or a group of businesspeople coming in and takes full control of the club.

I have a lot of respect for you so it would be nice if you show the same back, to say "You are beginning to sound totally ridiculous". Doesn't show any respect at all...