Re: Problems again

Apologies all, we seem to be having an insane amount of requests today (500K, 10 million for the week), which is surely inorganic web-traffic of which our server and DNS is struggling to cope with.

I have installed Cloudflare DDOS protection as a temporary measure as a quick-fix, unfortunately you will from time to time have to complete a CAPTCHA check.

Jack wrote:Apologies all, we seem to be having an insane amount of requests today (500K, 10 million for the week), which is surely inorganic web-traffic of which our server and DNS is struggling to cope with.

I have installed Cloudflare DDOS protection as a temporary measure as a quick-fix, unfortunately you will from time to time have to complete a CAPTCHA check.

I know you are trying your best Jack. Good luck as it is very frustrating for us all. Question - what on earth is inorganic web traffic? Is that IT speak for a malicious attack?

pembsexile wrote:
Jack wrote:Apologies all, we seem to be having an insane amount of requests today (500K, 10 million for the week), which is surely inorganic web-traffic of which our server and DNS is struggling to cope with.

I know you are trying your best Jack. Good luck as it is very frustrating for us all. Question - what on earth is inorganic web traffic? Is that IT speak for a malicious attack?
Likely is a malicious attack.

We're popular, surprisingly popular. But not 10 million hits a week popular.

I've reigned in the security measures now in the hope that we're out of it. No more boats and planes...

Jack wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Likely is a malicious attack.

We're popular, surprisingly popular. But not 10 million hits a week popular.

I've reigned in the security measures now in the hope that we're out of it. No more boats and planes...
Add a few trains and you've got a good bert bacharach song.

JonD wrote:I began a new thread. Hit "post preview", got the boat pictures, got through those, and it took me to a blank "new post" screen. All text lost. B@locks to it.
If that happens again, try clicking back 2 or 3 times, you may end up back at the screen showing your text from where you can select and copy it.