Re: So who's taking over

George Street-Bridge wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Wouldn't mind Garrard from Boreham Wood. Plays good football and has picked up players from the lower leagues and seen them move onto to clubs in the EFL.
Much easier job in their catchment area.
True, but we're hardly a team full of players from South Wales. I'm sure part-time players would move if there was an offer of a professional contract from a manager with a reputation for developing similar players.

Re: So who's taking over

DT1892 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Wouldn't mind Garrard from Boreham Wood. Plays good football and has picked up players from the lower leagues and seen them move onto to clubs in the EFL.
Much easier job in their catchment area.
True, but we're hardly a team full of players from South Wales. I'm sure part-time players would move if there was an offer of a professional contract from a manager with a reputation for developing similar players.
What I'm thinking is the huge pool of players he can draw on there who wouldn't have to relocate. I'm writing player profiles for the Arsenal programme in the Pizza Plate and the highest squad number is 103. Add Spurs and Watford just locally. OK some come from overseas but only a small number will make it at the big clubs and many more will settle in the lower divisions and the NL.