Re: Kardiff and Bristol rovers

UPTHEPORT wrote:Both lost again today which one will be after Flynny
Neither if they have any sense - his recent outbursts will have done him no good at all. The team looked like they had had a weight taken off their shoulders today and so much better to see the gaffer refer to them as professional rather than cowards!

Interesting comments from Joey Barton post defeat today saying he met with the owner, suggested he’d walk if he’s not wanted, but the owner has backed him “100%”.

Would be unfortunate for Flynn if neither Cardiff nor Bristol end up moving on from their manager. Doesn’t seem an impossible scenario

On ‘County Chat’ it is mentioned by a poster that he was allegedly told by our Chairman that Flynn has had conversations with Bristol Rovers.

Clearly a lot has being going on behind the scenes, and in the fullness of time I’m sure the truth will come out, but I have a suspicion it will not necessarily show MF in a good light.
That said, there are no winners, only losers on both sides of the divide.

Refreshing performance after stale uninterested manager with bizarre starting line ups and subs last few weeks . think long term could be good for county this change some people get too cosy think they are indispensable paul tisdale for me next someone who can adapt a side hopefully when plan a doesnt work

excessbee wrote:I wouldn't expect Flynn to even be considered for the Cardiff post, although there looks more and more likely to be a vacancy before long. Convenient for a local lad, but that's not a factor clubs take into consideration. Rovers maybe, but the problem remains that he has no promotion on his CV.

Something seriously wrong with the Capital aristocrats. Mick did very well in his first 16 games. This season he seems to have lost the players. Damn shame.

County ranger wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:The great escape, cup runs and two playoff finals trump that for me.
Cup runs are luck of the draw and helped by poorly prepared opposition under rating the under dogs cup final. One off games are fun but it is the performance over a season that counts for a cv.
And two play-off final defeats were in large part attributable to the bad luck of having incompetent referees.

And w/o the cup runs (luck of draw or not), we'd have coffers running on empty.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:On ‘County Chat’ it is mentioned by a poster that he was allegedly told by our Chairman that Flynn has had conversations with Bristol Rovers.

Clearly a lot has being going on behind the scenes, and in the fullness of time I’m sure the truth will come out, but I have a suspicion it will not necessarily show MF in a good light.
I was talking to 2 Bristol Rovers supporters only last week who said that Rovers were looking to sign Flynn from Newport but maybe couldn't afford the compo while he was still with them.

NearlyDead wrote:
County ranger wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:The great escape, cup runs and two playoff finals trump that for me.
Cup runs are luck of the draw and helped by poorly prepared opposition under rating the under dogs cup final. One off games are fun but it is the performance over a season that counts for a cv.
And two play-off final defeats were in large part attributable to the bad luck of having incompetent referees.

And w/o the cup runs (luck of draw or not), we'd have coffers running on empty.
Get over referees the inability to score in 240 minutes of football is the reason we lost two play off finals - poor tactics and poor substitutions particularly in the Tranmere game.

Bristolexile wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:On ‘County Chat’ it is mentioned by a poster that he was allegedly told by our Chairman that Flynn has had conversations with Bristol Rovers.

I was talking to 2 Bristol Rovers supporters only last week who said that Rovers were looking to sign Flynn from Newport but maybe couldn't afford the compo while he was still with them.
The final Flynn rip off of our money if that is the case.