Re: So who's taking over

PMG wrote:That’s a bit rich from you Stan attacking people who can’t answer back
That’s all you ever did with the ex directors
Should have done this
Should have done that
You got really personal with lots of them
And no way could they answer back on a fan’s Forum
You do have double standards
Bollocks they didn't. Do you really believe that directors of Newport County don't post under pseudonyms on this board?

Not being a betting man,in horse racing the favourite has a great chance of winning and the rank outsiders have no chance.How does it work in football managers.Would anyone waste their money on Roy Keane or Neil Lennon.I did a piece on Woodhouse,how about David Oldfield.He left Brackley in 2008,where has he been since,how is he in the betting?,would anyone put money on him,Mrs Oldfield maybe,how is he there.

Percy plunkett wrote:Not being a betting man,in horse racing the favourite has a great chance of winning and the rank outsiders have no chance.How does it work in football managers.Would anyone waste their money on Roy Keane or Neil Lennon.I did a piece on Woodhouse,how about David Oldfield.He left Brackley in 2008,where has he been since,how is he in the betting?,would anyone put money on him,Mrs Oldfield maybe,how is he there.
I'm 100 percent against gambling...
I hope this helps.
Next Newport Manager Odds: Five names in the frame to replace Michael Flynn

Out of those five, Rowberry for me. Comparisons drawn with other coaches who failed at Walsall and Bradford, but they were internal promotions and one was a partnership.

Barrow would want comp for Cooper. Tisdale seems a bit of a cold fish and I can't picture him working with a sporting director..

Morrison has been bankrolled at Connah's Quay and from what I've seen on Sgorio has succeeded by outmuscling teams, which he won't be able to do in L2.

G Guest wrote:I don't believe that anyone can pick a candidate without speaking to them, listening to what they propose etc. and looking deeply into their background. That's what Kelly and the board are doing.
These conversations are going on all the time.

People are often headhunted. I remember at the bar a few times over 25 years even a hack like me got asked, 'why don't you apply to Suchandsuch chambers, I'm sure your application would be looked at favourably?'. If it were not so, the expression 'lined up' would not exist in football management.

Further Flynn's departure had been telegraphed. Two not given to hyperbole said end of September and when a certain other poster wrote 'nothing to see here' all of us with brain knew it was happening. The only indication that the passage of time gives, and it is only an indicator and far from conclusive, is that Flynn chose his moment.