Robbie today

Big shout out to Robbie. He has had a lot of flack in the past but he was good today. He did miss a few tackles but his attitude and passing was spot on.

I loved it when he pumped the crowd towards the end of the game. I’d love to see that back on tv because the Hazel went mad for him. Was as though we had scored. Great to see. Didn’t see Adam’s approach him but saw the aftermath but I’d like to see that back as well. Hope he continues in this vein. Well done Robbie.

Re: Robbie today

UPTHEPORT wrote:He played a fair bit on the left today not seen him there before looking like he's been given a free role
It happened so often it was clearly a tactic, coming inside ala Kevin Moore and whipping it in on his right.

If Dolan was slotted into the midfield it would allow the intelligence and experience of Willmott to exploit that intelligence and experience. Almost worked today.

But I'm sure the coaching team that orchestrated todays opera know that already.

He looks rejuvenated after his Exeter exile, he’s playing out of his skin this season I reckon. I’ve always regarded him as just a wide right crosser of the ball but this season he’s brought so much more to his game, delighted for him - and us for that matter!

lowandhard wrote:He looks rejuvenated after his Exeter exile, he’s playing out of his skin this season I reckon. I’ve always regarded him as just a wide right crosser of the ball but this season he’s brought so much more to his game, delighted for him - and us for that matter!
Have to agree. thought his work rate today was exceptional, as was Coopers. The cynic in me would suggest that as it looked pre-season he was on his way out, it has given him additional impetus to prolong his career.

The only thing that let him down today was his crossing which is usually his strength. Apart from that, definitely put in his best shift for quite a while. I've been critical of his will to defend, but he did that in spades. Perhaps it was Flynny that was holding him back all along.....