Re: So who's taking over

Some choices have had no track record , little experience ! You need a safe pair of hands ie. Ian Holloway, Paul Tisdale, Chris Powell, Neil Harris ?
Whether they want Wayne as their assistant will be a key decision for the board to make and for Wayne himself or will he want to follow Flynny ?
So many scenarios but a massive decision if WE want League 1 football this season or next .

The man to manage the club is looking more and more like Hatswell. The team's performances under him are a revelation. Remember Flynn's cowards of a week or so ago? There were no cowards yesterday. But there were players putting their heads where I wouldn't put my boot. And he speaks more like a manager than any of our past managers. Putting him under someone coming into the club with less experience than him won't work. I very much regret that he has either to take the job himself, which I wish he would, or move on. A new boss who is underachieving his assistant and who looks less like the Gaffer than he does will be no good.
Last edited by G Guest on October 10th, 2021, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excessbee wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
G Guest wrote:Seems he once played for us but I have a job remembering him.
That’s because he was one of those wonderful signings that hardly lifted a boot in anger for us! Years contract for nothing iirc :evil:
Which shouldn't be confused with his potential to manage the club. He's a better shout than most of the others on the fairies' list of a likely (ha ha) appointment.
Why? I understand that he is a coach at Brighton. He's probably living in the wrong place for a start off. Then there's his achievements. What are they? Are the players going to respect a failed bit player from a couple of years ago? And so on.

G Guest wrote:The man to manage the club is looking more and more like Hatswell. The team's performances under him are a revelation. Remember Flynn's cowards of a week or so ago? And he speaks more like a manager than any of our past managers. Putting him under someone coming into the club with less experience than him won't work. I very much regret that he has either to take the job himself, which I wish he would, or move on. A new boss who is underachieving his assistant and who looks less like the Gaffer than he does will be no good.

Can understand that reaction, and the quality of football played in the last 2 home games has been very high, and pleasing on the eye. An excellent pitch helps of course. Would personally reserve judgement, until we have played a couple of away games. Although a new appointment could be made in the meantime.

somerton moss wrote:Some choices have had no track record , little experience ! You need a safe pair of hands ie. Ian Holloway, Paul Tisdale, Chris Powell, Neil Harris ?
Whether they want Wayne as their assistant will be a key decision for the board to make and for Wayne himself or will he want to follow Flynny ?
So many scenarios but a massive decision if WE want League 1 football this season or next .
Rob Edwards seems to making a half decent start at FGR and Flynny was new at the game too !

countymadbel wrote:If the new manager is in before Tuesday's game really hope Wayne will be in charge as would be good for new manager to look from the stands and give Wayne one last hooray at home with the fans
Absolutely, I think that he has grown in confidence over the last few weeks and his post match analysis of games has been spot on. I would love him to have a role in the club's future.

It’ll depend who gets the job, I suppose. If it’s a new manager without an established assistant they’d be smart to make use of Hatswell for continuity and experience. If it’s someone that’ll be bringing an assistant with them they may well want to keep him around as the main first team coach.

Either way it’ll likely be short term as I expect Hatswell will tag along with wherever Flynn eventually goes.

Crofty wouldn't be a terrible choice but he's still got about 2 to 6 months to attain his UEFA Pro license at Brighton. He may not wish to uproot during that learning programme. Add to that he's just been handed the under 23's head coach for the club three months ago.

Dan Ashworth, Brighton technical director talks about his current role at the club (10 months ago)

He may very well fit the mould of manager that we're seeking under Kelly's remit of stitching the academy ever closer to the first squad.

Here's him talking about taking up his present role;

I just can't see him kicking Brighton in the pants after taking that role and he's helped produce some good talent through that system.

My gut tells me Rowberry is nailed on for us.