Re: Wales

I always question the need to pass back to the keeper.There is a chance that he will mess up,or a forward will block the clearance.If things work well then,the keeper will whack the ball down the field.Why doesn’t the player just do that in the first place to save any problems.

Blackandamber wrote:A great performance last night apart from the man between the sticks. We need a better number 9 as well.
Quite so. But have no doubt they are the best we got currently.
Only saw snippets of the game and was very impressed with their positive, going for the win attitude, even in the last few minutes.

UPTHEPORT wrote:I would give Karl Darlow another ring doesn't look like England want him
He has always maintained that he is not Welsh...good for him, I personally think the problem is that a lot of the Welsh team are not playing enough to be match sharp, Danny Ward would be better off at a Championship side but would he be prepared to take a drop in wages.

PortandSud wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I would give Karl Darlow another ring doesn't look like England want him
He has always maintained that he is not Welsh...good for him, I personally think the problem is that a lot of the Welsh team are not playing enough to be match sharp, Danny Ward would be better off at a Championship side but would he be prepared to take a drop in wages.
Would you take a pay cut of many thousands of pounds, probably per week?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
PortandSud wrote:
Would you take a pay cut of many thousands of pounds, probably per week?
Thats what I asked.

Bandwagon alert!!

Amazing result; remember last time Ingerland went there a couple of years ago they lost.

The Czech's must be a top eight European team; but to turn it into something must ,must get a result in Estonia.

There is a real team here younger than 6 years ago, but real talent. Most of them 25 or younger, perhaps in some way a legacy of the money spent on Welsh sport a decade or so ago; now unfortunately long gone after as long a period of cuts.

It's in our hands now. 2 wins and a point against an ageing Belgium. Ah..play-offs.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Despite a turgid and tired looking display tonight in comparison to Fri, managed the get 3 points.
Given our inferior goal difference to the czechs, looking increasingly likely we will need 4 points from our remaining 2 games to make the play-offs.
Yes and that looks a fairly tall order with the Czechs almost certain to beat Estonia