Covid Passport

I haven't seen any announcement from the club yet regarding Covid Passports for our league games.
Has anyone heard anything yet?
There seams a bit of an ambiguity in the rues to me.

quote]1/. "Outdoor no-seating events with more than 4,000 people"
At RP we have a combination of seating and standing.
Does this 4000 figure relate to the stadium capacity or potential crowd on that day?
Or does it relate to the total number of people in attendance at the venue? Our crowds barely touch 4000 with a combination of seating and standing.

[quote]2/. "Any event with more than 10,000 people, including sporting"
Unlikely to affect us unless we get a big premiership side in the FA Cup.

Re: Covid Passport

What a mess from WG. I’m all for covid passes but we were initially clearly an under 10k outdoor event. Now we’re moved over to being a “outdoor non-seated events for more than 4,000 people”?

Less than 1,500/20ish% of attendees are standing at our games, and this punishes is for having standing… which is better distanced and ventilated than seating

There’s an argument for us shutting the standing just to avoid having to spend time and money implementing this u-turn…

landinho wrote:What a mess from WG. I’m all for covid passes but we were initially clearly an under 10k outdoor event. Now we’re moved over to being a “outdoor non-seated events for more than 4,000 people”?

Less than 1,500/20ish% of attendees are standing at our games, and this punishes is for having standing… which is better distanced and ventilated than seating

There’s an argument for us shutting the standing just to avoid having to spend time and money implementing this u-turn…
I'd agree apart from standing being better distanced and ventilated. This is true of the North terrace, but they're packed in like sardines by the dug outs.

I note that it can take up to 10 days to get a paper covid pass. Bad news for those who need one for the Carlisle game in 7 days.

Blackandamber wrote:
landinho wrote:What a mess from WG. I’m all for covid passes but we were initially clearly an under 10k outdoor event. Now we’re moved over to being a “outdoor non-seated events for more than 4,000 people”?

I'd agree apart from standing being better distanced and ventilated. This is true of the North terrace, but they're packed in like sardines by the dug outs.

I note that it can take up to 10 days to get a paper covid pass. Bad news for those who need one for the Carlisle game in 7 days.
Paper passes have been arriving much faster than 10 days. Mine only took four days and I know someone else the same.

excessbee wrote:The lateral flow test is the option that covers the problem of waiting for the paper proof of vaccination.
I haven't got a clue how to get one of those and how much it costs. I don't why we can't just show the vaccination records we were given when we had the jabs.

Blackandamber wrote:
excessbee wrote:The lateral flow test is the option that covers the problem of waiting for the paper proof of vaccination.
I haven't got a clue how to get one of those and how much it costs. I don't why we can't just show the vaccination records we were given when we had the jabs.
Go to your local chemist. They should have tests kits to distribute free of charge.

Just one little point.

It may well be that mistakes are made. Sometimes things don't make sense. But.

The UK mortality rate is double that of Ireland. Because of the total incompetence of the Johnson Administration 75,000 UK citizens who should be alive are dead. 75,000 families will mourn, come Christmas 75,000 families will have an empty chair around the dining table.

If the Welsh Government are being overly cautious, and that's a big if, it is only because Mark Drakeford, unlike Boris Johnson actually does care about you. Getting a Covid Passport isn't exactly a Herculean task now is It?

All your comments are welcome but the club has not made a statement yet about if we are in a category that requires COVID vacation proof or lateral flow test proof.
I personally don’t see why the card you was given after your second jab can’t be used. With most of the over 40’s having 2 or 3 jabs I am not sure that many “illegal” copies are about.
As for the lateral flow test this is even easier to dupe. Anyone can just sprinkle some water on it and get a pass.

Lots of people getting their knickers in a twist, but needing to produce this stuff is going to be part of life for at least the next little while. I had to do it for a gig in Bristol the other week, and will have to do it for two gigs this week in Cardiff. All it took was one telephone call and some patience to get the paper certificate which I just carry around with me in my coat pocket.