Re: Covid Passport

Fu Ming wrote:All your comments are welcome but the club has not made a statement yet about if we are in a category that requires COVID vacation proof or lateral flow test proof.
I personally don’t see why the card you was given after your second jab can’t be used. With most of the over 40’s having 2 or 3 jabs I am not sure that many “illegal” copies are about.
As for the lateral flow test this is even easier to dupe. Anyone can just sprinkle some water on it and get a pass.
The only purpose served in falsifying a LFT is to hide the fact that you have Covid. If you have Covid, the last thing you will want to do is go to a football match. Nor should you. To go around knowingly spreading the disease to others would be criminal, or it should be.

Seems to be the Welsh Government has made this decision so that the night club community can't complain they are being singled out concerning proof of vaccination. It doesn't seem too much of a burden. Of course the reality is that the 'certificate' is actually no proof at all, unless photo ID is demanded and checked. I could borrow a mate's paperwork and show that at the turnstile.

G Guest wrote:
Fu Ming wrote:All your comments are welcome but the club has not made a statement yet about if we are in a category that requires COVID vacation proof or lateral flow test proof.
I personally don’t see why the card you was given after your second jab can’t be used. With most of the over 40’s having 2 or 3 jabs I am not sure that many “illegal” copies are about.
As for the lateral flow test this is even easier to dupe. Anyone can just sprinkle some water on it and get a pass.
The only purpose served in falsifying a LFT is to hide the fact that you have Covid. If you have Covid, the last thing you will want to do is go to a football match. Nor should you. To go around knowingly spreading the disease to others would be criminal, or it should be.
I am not suggesting that I or anyone else is knowingly going to an event with Covid but having your card stamped with 2 jabs should be proof enough, without all this logging on downloading QR scans barcodes etc.

G Guest wrote:
Not so. There are two degrees of falsifying a test. Testing positive but informing the system you have tested negative - that's really dodgy practice because it puts others at risk. Secondly, creating a negative result in order to gain entry to an event. Nowhere near as risky for others.

When I went to the Motorpoint in kardiff for a gig I had to show my covid pass plus a debit card that cuts out illegal copies

Percy plunkett wrote:The problem here is,not enough notice.We have a game a week tonight.There could be fans turned away because their Covid Pass hasn’t arrived in time.I just happened to get through five minutes before five,the lady said it will arrive within ten working days.
Was told on Saturday that we don’t need Covid passes at Rp at all at the moment.

On a separate note, today I applied for my Covid pass via the Welsh NHS site. Got an email back saying my passport photo was not good enough. Cheeky ba***ards, what are they implying. :grin:

pembsexile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The problem here is,not enough notice.We have a game a week tonight.There could be fans turned away because their Covid Pass hasn’t arrived in time.I just happened to get through five minutes before five,the lady said it will arrive within ten working days.
Was told on Saturday that we don’t need Covid passes at Rp at all at the moment.
We do now.

excessbee wrote:
G Guest wrote:
Not so. There are two degrees of falsifying a test. Testing positive but informing the system you have tested negative - that's really dodgy practice because it puts others at risk. Secondly, creating a negative result in order to gain entry to an event. Nowhere near as risky for others.
I'm missing something here. Why not just have a negative test if you haven't got Covid? Why falsify a negative test? If you have got Covid there might be some point in it. But then it would be very wrong to attend a mass event if you are positive.

Well, perhaps 'falsify' is not the right word. That implies to some that a positive test has been reported as negative. I was refereeing to creating a negative lateral flow on your smart phone result purely for the purpose of gaining entry to an event. I suspect that the incidence of this happening will increase as a result of the Government ruling.