Question Newport County

Poll ended at October 14th, 2021, 12:17 pm You may select 1 option

should put out the best possible team;
Total votes: 22 (47%)
begin to put resources into the development of the club.?
Total votes: 22 (47%)
Or no opinion
Total votes: 3 (6%)
Total votes: 47

Re: Poll how should we move forward as a Club

When Whoareya suggested that nobody was interested in whether or not Newport County I thought it would be interesting to have a poll to find out.

45 people have voted, 5 more than voted for the Bradford man of the match, the thread has had 2,000 hits.

A few points.

Firstly it is only a snap shot of opinion, which seems fairly evenly split on what we should do. Which would suggest it is a topic worth examining.

Secondly it is regrettable that the usual suspects with their 'You all right. hun?' or those who choose to just ramp up insults and write in red ink, seem more interested in wrecking debate rather than engaging in a discussion. They do themselves or their arguments few favours. Indeed it is perhaps such behaviour which sometimes ruins this board. If as fans of Newport County we can't discuss our passion from different perspectives and agree to disagree whilst maintaining respect for each other then the essence of being a club which represents our club and community is lost.

Moving on for those who read the thread, I hope it proved informative, and for those who voted, however you voted my thanks for expressing your view.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:When Whoareya suggested that nobody was interested in whether or not Newport County I thought it would be interesting to have a poll to find out.

45 people have voted, 5 more than voted for the Bradford man of the match, the thread has had 2,000 hits.

A few points.

Firstly it is only a snap shot of opinion, which seems fairly evenly split on what we should do. Which would suggest it is a topic worth examining.

Secondly it is regrettable that the usual suspects with their 'You all right. hun?' or those who choose to just ramp up insults and write in red ink, seem more interested in wrecking debate rather than engaging in a discussion. They do themselves or their arguments few favours. Indeed it is perhaps such behaviour which sometimes ruins this board. If as fans of Newport County we can't discuss our passion from different perspectives and agree to disagree whilst maintaining respect for each other then the essence of being a club which represents our club and community is lost.

Moving on for those who read the thread, I hope it proved informative, and for those who voted, however you voted my thanks for expressing your view.
It's a pointless vote Stan, and thus ignored rightly by the vast majority.

As regards debate, when are you going to join in? You have always taken the view that you set the agenda, and you ask the questions. You Never Ever debate, you simply ignore any questions asked of you, and repeat what that you believe that the other view is wrong. That's not debate Stan, that's ignoring debate.

Oh and I really enjoyed the game tonight Stan, it was a cracker. Thank you for asking.
I trust you enjoyed Back to the Future, at the Sligo multiplex?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:And, of course, 2000 'hits' may be just the regular 100 or so that might be expected to pay a visit over the length of time the thread has been running.
2,200 hits. If only 100 viewers then 22 visits per person in five days. I don't think so.
Well the flip side of your reply may be that, let's say 500 people have read the thread (4 times each). It might be argued that of those 500, only 45 feel the poll is of enough consequence to cast a vote.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:And, of course, 2000 'hits' may be just the regular 100 or so that might be expected to pay a visit over the length of time the thread has been running.
2,200 hits. If only 100 viewers then 22 visits per person in five days. I don't think so.
Well the flip side of your reply may be that, let's say 500 people have read the thread (4 times each). It might be argued that of those 500, only 45 feel the poll is of enough consequence to cast a vote.
It's still more than the Bradford man of the match. And as I say, only a snap shot.

Bangitintrnet wrote:
Oh and I really enjoyed the game tonight Stan, it was a cracker. Thank you for asking.
I trust you enjoyed Back to the Future, at the Sligo multiplex?[/color]
I didn't go to the pictures. At seven o'clock tonight I was three quarters of the way through a six mile run. The Newport half marathon in March is being run in aid of St David's hospice in Malpas where my beloved sister died in April. Since you're obviously obsessed by me no doubt you would wish to sponsor me.

I'll be the good looking fellow in the Leitrim GAA shirt. See you there.

don't disagree with investing money into infrastructure but the problem is how to do it. The simple answer would be to put aside a percentage of the revenue each year for future projects, such as training facilities or a stadium fund.

The problem comes when you look at the figures generated by such a policy. For example if revenue were £1million a year even 20% taken for future projects is £200,000. That's a lot of years you'd need to even build a decent training facility, let alone a new stadium.

wattsville_boy wrote:don't disagree with investing money into infrastructure but the problem is how to do it. The simple answer would be to put aside a percentage of the revenue each year for future projects, such as training facilities or a stadium fund.

The problem comes when you look at the figures generated by such a policy. For example if revenue were £1million a year even 20% taken for future projects is £200,000. That's a lot of years you'd need to even build a decent training facility, let alone a new stadium.
That hits the nail on the head. It is difficult. So difficult that for 30 years as a club we have collectively failed to address this.

I genuinely don't know the answer. What I do know is that it is a problem other clubs have faced and overcome. I believe that working together we can find a way.