Re: Arsenal

Most of tonight's players would be in development sqaud which is a different budget completely and nothing to do with first team budget .although they can be selected for the first team ..nothing to do with the infrastructure of the club that's down to the board ??

A few points
Why did Greenidge come off at half time,he is slow and awkward but,he held it up well,had some shots at goal and,is a handful.I would have him ahead of Abraham.
Why did Twamley only get a few minutes,he has potential like Livermore so,needs game time in these matches.
Why didn’t Hillier get on.He is on a young pro contract so,should be playing in these games.
Why only five subs,Sonny Lewis and another academy lad should be there for experience and to show that they are still in the manager’s thoughts.

Thought the Arsenal team when going forward were too quick of movement and accurate in their passing for our defense to cope with, and thereby created lots of goal scoring opportunities throughout. On the flip-side they were prone to making many errors defensively when put under pressure and we weren't good to take enough advantage of our many goal scoring opportunities.
Don't think anyone did enough to warrant a start Saturday.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Thought the Arsenal team when going forward were too quick of movement and accurate in their passing for our defense to cope with, and thereby created lots of goal scoring opportunities throughout. On the flip-side they were prone to making many errors defensively when put under pressure and we weren't good to take enough advantage of our many goal scoring opportunities.
That's a fair assessment, some decent performances but nobody really put their hand up. Having been run ragged by Southampton, Hall earned my respect by getting stuck in and showing some skill and pace as did Lewis.
On the flip side, the bloke with the green mohican next to me decided to explain the game/talk b*locks to his friends for 90 minutes. The sound of me biting my lip could be heard in Cwmbran apparently.

Percy plunkett wrote:A few points
Why did Greenidge come off at half time,he is slow and awkward but,he held it up well,had some shots at goal and,is a handful.I would have him ahead of Abraham.
Why did Twamley only get a few minutes,he has potential like Livermore so,needs game time in these matches.
Why didn’t Hillier get on.He is on a young pro contract so,should be playing in these games.
Why only five subs,Sonny Lewis and another academy lad should be there for experience and to show that they are still in the manager’s thoughts.

Too many players.

Free beer wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Thought the Arsenal team when going forward were too quick of movement and accurate in their passing for our defense to cope with, and thereby created lots of goal scoring opportunities throughout. On the flip-side they were prone to making many errors defensively when put under pressure and we weren't good to take enough advantage of our many goal scoring opportunities.
That's a fair assessment, some decent performances but nobody really put their hand up. Having been run ragged by Southampton, Hall earned my respect by getting stuck in and showing some skill and pace as did Lewis.
On the flip side, the bloke with the green mohican next to me decided to explain the game/talk b*locks to his friends for 90 minutes. The sound of me biting my lip could be heard in Cwmbran apparently.

Maybe he's our new manager?

Thought Woodiwiss and Missilou generally did well against a quick attack. Hall did okay too. Greenidge was entertaining but his conversion rate of chances to goals isn't going to get him in the first team soon. County lost because too many players were dead on their feet by the end of the game

Some positives. Pleased we didn't just play the academy kids who might have been slaughtered. Cain now looks like a contender for the first team. Missilou my MoTM in an unfamiliar role against such mobile opponents. Hall had a shaky start but knuckled down and ended strongly. Ellison at more than twice the age of all their players was excellent and I never imagined he'd do the 90 minutes.

Less so: Livermore looked tired, maybe not fully over his illness. Hylton didn't look interested. Greenidge like so many of our recent strikers lacks composure and I don't see where you get that from.