Re: Covid Passport

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Fu Ming wrote:The 0300 303 5667 phone number was out of action for a while this morning but is back working now.

I did mange to get through and after listening to a pile of Welsh I was through pretty quickly, and dealt with quickly.

|I only had to give name, address and date of birth.
Paper Covid Pass to be sent out in next 7 days.
Also the nice chap on the line said that currently that there is no time limit on the paper Covid Pass.

Not sure why the electronic version needs to be so complicated, down loading passport scans, entering and reading code number just too sign up, without yet getting to apply for the Pass.
And the electronic one only lasts a month???!!!
I found it very simple and a you have to do is log in every 4 weeks it just updates automatically
Hello Mr. Port.
I personally did not find it easy to use and login into NHS site and downloading the app.
When I did manage to get it set up and logged in for my Pass it did come up with may name, green tick and expiry date a month from now.
However when prompted to take a photo of the QR code it came up with invalid code!!!
So I took the option of down loading the file and printing it off, I hope I get in with it.
Also I have ordered a paper copy over the phone.

As far as I am concerned this hasn't been simple.
I hope everyone finds it easier than I did.

G Guest wrote:It could be worth getting a paper vaccine certificate even if you use the app as well. Some people missed flights today because the NHS Covid App was down.

You can't switch off a piece of paper. Sometimes technology is just a pain in the butt.
Just take a screenshot of your pass!

Fu Ming wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Fu Ming wrote:The 0300 303 5667 phone number was out of action for a while this morning but is back working now.

I did mange to get through and after listening to a pile of Welsh I was through pretty quickly, and dealt with quickly.

|I only had to give name, address and date of birth.
Paper Covid Pass to be sent out in next 7 days.
Also the nice chap on the line said that currently that there is no time limit on the paper Covid Pass.

Not sure why the electronic version needs to be so complicated, down loading passport scans, entering and reading code number just too sign up, without yet getting to apply for the Pass.
And the electronic one only lasts a month???!!!
I found it very simple and a you have to do is log in every 4 weeks it just updates automatically
Hello Mr. Port.
I personally did not find it easy to use and login into NHS site and downloading the app.
When I did manage to get it set up and logged in for my Pass it did come up with may name, green tick and expiry date a month from now.
However when prompted to take a photo of the QR code it came up with invalid code!!!
So I took the option of down loading the file and printing it off, I hope I get in with it.
Also I have ordered a paper copy over the phone.

As far as I am concerned this hasn't been simple.
I hope everyone finds it easier than I did.
You don't need the app just log into the website it's simple all you have to do is take a picture of the passport page your picture is on just make sure you get all four corners in I don't know what your on about scanning

MisterB wrote:Please try again later
There are currently issues with accessing the Covid Pass on the NHS App and website. We are investigating the issue and will update as soon as we can.
Quite correct, it wasn’t working yesterday. It is now though, just downloaded my digital copy a few minutes ago from the website.

excessbee wrote:I was unsuccessful yesterday. My video selfie was rejected multiple times. I'll try again this morning, but the paper version will cover me. I still don't understand the thinking behind the 30 day expiry, you can't become 'unvaccinated' after 30 days!
Thanks

I managed to log in to the NHS England App late last night - its now working again so was able to refresh and download the month long certificate.
I would assume that the 30 day duration stops any changes in vaccination strategies, boosters etc from being missed if a certificate has no expiry date?

pembsexile wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:0300 303 5667 working well - Press 2 to avoid Welsh language. Took me less than 5 mins today.
On the website it says this can take up to 10 days to arrive. Hope you get it by Tuesday mate. Digital is easier (when it’s working).
I'll use a LFT and record it on the system if not arrived by then.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just one little point.

It may well be that mistakes are made. Sometimes things don't make sense. But.

The UK mortality rate is double that of Ireland. Because of the total incompetence of the Johnson Administration 75,000 UK citizens who should be alive are dead. 75,000 families will mourn, come Christmas 75,000 families will have an empty chair around the dining table.

If the Welsh Government are being overly cautious, and that's a big if, it is only because Mark Drakeford, unlike Boris Johnson actually does care about you. Getting a Covid Passport isn't exactly a Herculean task now is It?
Thanks for a bit of sense from Ireland to the UK which is led by an idiot for the enrichment of friends. We should be thanking our lucky stars for Drakeford who at least mitigates the worst policies of this moronic union.

lowandhard wrote:

The UK mortality rate is double that of Ireland. Because of the total incompetence of the Johnson Administration 75,000 UK citizens who should be alive are dead. 75,000 families will mourn, come Christmas 75,000 families will have an empty chair around the dining table.

If the Welsh Government are being overly cautious, and that's a big if, it is only because Mark Drakeford, unlike Boris Johnson actually does care about you. Getting a Covid Passport isn't exactly a Herculean task now is It?
Thanks for a bit of sense from Ireland to the UK which is led by an idiot for the enrichment of friends. We should be thanking our lucky stars for Drakeford who at least mitigates the worst policies of this moronic union.
Health is devolved so is fully the responsibility of the Welsh governement. Wales currently has the highest number of cases per head in the UK, with the Torfaen being the worst region.

Blackandamber wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Health is devolved so is fully the responsibility of the Welsh governement. Wales currently has the highest number of cases per head in the UK, with the Torfaen being the worst region.
If you care to work out the death rates per head of population, England is by far the worst and that’s from the YouGov site.