Question Newport County

Poll ended at October 14th, 2021, 12:17 pm You may select 1 option

should put out the best possible team;
Total votes: 22 (47%)
begin to put resources into the development of the club.?
Total votes: 22 (47%)
Or no opinion
Total votes: 3 (6%)
Total votes: 47

Re: Poll how should we move forward as a Club

Bangitintrnet wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:don't disagree with investing money into infrastructure but the problem is how to do it. The simple answer would be to put aside a percentage of the revenue each year for future projects, such as training facilities or a stadium fund.

The problem comes when you look at the figures generated by such a policy. For example if revenue were £1million a year even 20% taken for future projects is £200,000. That's a lot of years you'd need to even build a decent training facility, let alone a new stadium.

Yes, I agree it is going to be difficult. What should have happened, and I'm sure you will agree with me when I say this, should have been looked at a long time ago. When We got back into the football league, The directors should have looked at us having a stadium. For many years now, That I can remember, we have had some good directors and some Bad directors, Including the directors that are there this very day.

If and I repeat, If any directors are reading this forum now. We are not asking you to do this straight away. All we are asking you to do is call a meeting at the riverfront like you did when you needed our help to talk to us and tell us why it isn't possible to do some of the fundraisings now or even look into it at least.
Are we asking too much of you?
You had the chance to stand as a director, and you shit out. You could have done it from Ireland, as has been proved by the board meetings during COVID.

What an unbelievable sense of entitlement you have Stan. Call a meeting at the Riverfront to discuss what exactly? That Stan believes the vast majority of clubs are wrong, and that they should join him back in the nineteen eighties.
Stan can't you see that in four days a pitiful amount of people have responded to your pointless vote?

You are so obsessed with Stan that you now think that I'm him. For a start, he lives in Ireland. I do not. So, unfortunately, I'm unable to answer your question as they are not my questions to answer. Sorry Stan, your questions,

Torquay Exile wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:don't disagree with investing money into infrastructure but the problem is how to do it. The simple answer would be to put aside a percentage of the revenue each year for future projects, such as training facilities or a stadium fund.

The problem comes when you look at the figures generated by such a policy. For example if revenue were £1million a year even 20% taken for future projects is £200,000. That's a lot of years you'd need to even build a decent training facility, let alone a new stadium.

Yes, I agree it is going to be difficult. What should have happened, and I'm sure you will agree with me when I say this, should have been looked at a long time ago. When We got back into the football league, The directors should have looked at us having a stadium. For many years now, That I can remember, we have had some good directors and some Bad directors, Including the directors that are there this very day.

If and I repeat, If any directors are reading this forum now. We are not asking you to do this straight away. All we are asking you to do is call a meeting at the riverfront like you did when you needed our help to talk to us and tell us why it isn't possible to do some of the fundraisings now or even look into it at least.
You had the chance to stand as a director, and you shit out. You could have done it from Ireland, as has been proved by the board meetings during COVID.

What an unbelievable sense of entitlement you have Stan. Call a meeting at the Riverfront to discuss what exactly? That Stan believes the vast majority of clubs are wrong, and that they should join him back in the nineteen eighties.
Stan can't you see that in four days a pitiful amount of people have responded to your pointless vote?

You are so obsessed with Stan that you now think that I'm him. For a start, he lives in Ireland. I do not. So, unfortunately, I'm unable to answer your question as they are not my questions to answer. Sorry Stan, your questions,

Sorry about Torquay.

All I can suggest is that people writing in red ink at 2-00 am are probably best ignored.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:

Sorry about Torquay.

All I can suggest is that people writing in red ink at 2-00 am are probably best ignored.

Fare point Stan. Best not to encourage this person too much.

I have no idea now how many have read this article. I have only just read it myself, as I have only just received this article via a link. I know it is dated 26th October 2017 and that it is an old story but, in my opinion, I believe that it is needed to be mentioned to everyone again.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... rt-county/

Here is a part of what is in this article

It was mentioned in this article the following: “Additionally I consider the presence of Peter Madigan and Mark Crook on the club board to be wholly at odds with the objectives of the Trust.”

Crook and Madigan are reported to have previously made an unsuccessful bid to buy a majority shareholding in the club.

“I will happily serve on any future board, but cannot do so whilst Gavin Foxall, Shaun Johnson and Mark Crook remain as directors.”

Bangitintrnet wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:
Oh and I really enjoyed the game tonight Stan, it was a cracker. Thank you for asking.
I trust you enjoyed Back to the Future, at the Sligo multiplex?[/color]
I didn't go to the pictures. At seven o'clock tonight I was three quarters of the way through a six mile run. The Newport half marathon in March is being run in aid of St David's hospice in Malpas where my beloved sister died in April. Since you're obviously obsessed by me no doubt you would wish to sponsor me.

I'll be the good looking fellow in the Leitrim GAA shirt. See you there.
Thank you for your very kind offer, but no thanks.
If you had been more generous when MY beloved Newport County needed financial support perhaps I
would have had a different outlook
The former head of ‘individual donor fundraising’ at the former Spastics Society, is panting in the wings, desperately waiting to offer advice on fundraising to the Trust. And I don’t mean the sale of bath-bombs, of which our businesses have never sold any. However, a completed NDA from a member of the Trust is still outstanding. Please, I have the patience of a St, but am running short of that patience.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:

Sorry about Torquay.

Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't used ink since the nineteen eighties Stan, However do keep on ignoring questions/debate as always.

We have seen all the debating skills of a politician in this thread haven't we. Ignore and deflect. Ignore and ridicule. We have even had the declaration of the vote as a draw halfway through. Odd declaration, when it never reached higher than 47% of SIX voters per day.

There are not many hours left, so can I suggest you try your best to see if you can reach that magic 50%

Genuinely hope to bump into Torquay Exile in Exeter, who IS willing to debate. As for Stan, hope you enjoy Jaws at the omniplex.

pembsexile wrote:This has to be the most perplexing thread/poll in my time on this board. Such abuse is not healthy.

There is a final 50/50 split in those that had an opinion. The thing that completely baffles me is that 3% of voters had no opinion. You have to ask - why bother? Very odd to me.
Why bother having a vote is more to the point.

As the official leader of the opposition's wing man, perhaps you may enlighten us? And while you're at it, explain why he is not on here demanding action?

A meeting at the Riverside has been suggested, is that a wise use of precious fund's, or does the vote confirm it would be completely pointless?

Such abuse is not healthy you say, is that the abuse of whoever is running Newport County that you refer?

In his own words he has been banging on about this since the eighty's, what exactly has all that hot air/abuse achieved?

Why has he not come to the debriefing, and sent you out instead? Why don't you let him speak, and tell us about all his achievements in opposition? He can tell us what he thinks has changed in the world of football since he started, and how that might affect his thoughts.

If you look at the pethetic response to the vote, perhaps others are living in today's world as well.

As you can see, I don't consider him a fan, I consider him to be a troll.

Oh and on a completely different subject Pembrokeshire, you have some new neighbours. Martyn and Jayne Greenham live near, and Chris Shingler will be moving soon. Hopefully you can join together and share petrol money/driving.

Have a good day,

Regards,

Bangitintrnet

pembsexile wrote:Yeh, come on Stan, why did you not attend this debriefing? Why did you tell me to go instead? We need answers.
I know you're Joshin, but go back over this, and any other thread, and count the times he abuse's the debate. By deflection, by insinuation, by being condescending, and generally avoiding debate at all costs. While at the same time asking for a debate, and then trying to shut debate down, by declaring the vote a draw half way through.

He refers to Bradford City at one point. Why does he think with their magnificent support and magnificent stadium they are playing at our level? It couldn't be that a stadium that size takes a huge chunk of their income, and has become a millstone. Look on the forum's of all the big clubs that are playing at a lower level, and you will find discussion about how they are handicapped by their own millstone.

He wanted the vote, he wanted the debate, where is he?

I wouldn't say there has been a pathetic response to the poll. I suggested earlier that although fifty people may have voted, maybe no more than 100 members are active readers/contributors of the forum. A 50% response isn't bad, but it is no basis to proceed on behalf of a supporter base of, shall we say, 3000 supporters. It's an 'unofficial forum' and carries no weight.

excessbee wrote:I wouldn't say there has been a pathetic response to the poll. I suggested earlier that although fifty people may have voted, maybe no more than 100 members are active readers/contributors of the forum. A 50% response isn't bad, but it is no basis to proceed on behalf of a supporter base of, shall we say, 3000 supporters. It's an 'unofficial forum' and carries no weight.

May I ask you how many of those 3000 supporters do you believe are trust members?

Torquay Exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:I wouldn't say there has been a pathetic response to the poll. I suggested earlier that although fifty people may have voted, maybe no more than 100 members are active readers/contributors of the forum. A 50% response isn't bad, but it is no basis to proceed on behalf of a supporter base of, shall we say, 3000 supporters. It's an 'unofficial forum' and carries no weight.

May I ask you how many of those 3000 supporters do you believe are trust members?
I have no idea how many trust members we have, do you? We certainly could do with more. Any changes in the running of the Club can only come through the Trust.