Life After Death. Are you a believer?

[Life After Death. Are you a believer?

I believe in Life after Death, as I have experienced this myself. I won't go into it too much on here. But what I will say is this. I didn't realize until many years later that what I had experienced was a life after death. I had spoken to other people about my experience. And during my Life after Death experience, That I had to go back because my time was not yet. I must admit looking back. I wish that I could have stayed there. But I still have so much to do in this life and to give. I now understand why I came back.

Here is a passage from Matthew 6:19-20

Lay not up to yourselves treasures upon earth, Where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Re: Life After Death. Are you a believer?

Torquay Exile wrote: October 12th, 2021, 5:29 pm [Life After Death. Are you a believer?

I believe in Life after Death, as I have experienced this myself. I won't go into it too much on here. But what I will say is this. I didn't realize until many years later that what I had experienced was a life after death. I had spoken to other people about my experience. And during my Life after Death experience, That I had to go back because my time was not yet. I must admit looking back. I wish that I could have stayed there. But I still have so much to do in this life and to give. I now understand why I came back.

Lay not up to yourselves treasures upon earth, Where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
I agree with you Torquay Exile. There is a lot of evidence that our universe has been designed, so it has to have a designer. The universe including us are not here by chance. I've believed with my head and my heart from an early age that there is a God. This became more of a reality 40 years ago in October 1981. I heard the gospel preached by a man called Peter Scothern in a village in Leicestershire. It was my Damascus experience. I accepted Jesus into my life as both my Lord and my Saviour. So did my wife. In the same service my wife, who had been suffering for years with rheumatoid arthritis, was instantly healed when Scothern prayed for her in the name of Jesus Christ. Since that day I have known God's presence in me. I believe the promises of Christ the Son of God, such as "For God so loved the world He sent His only begotten Son so that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". After the earthly body dies there will come a day of judgement for everyone. Those who have accepted Christ's forgiveness, put God at the centre of their life, and realise that there is nothing they can do themselves to earn salvation, will go to heaven. Those who reject or ignore Christ or think they can earn a place in heaven by their own efforts are in for a nasty shock on the day of judgement.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 6:01 pm Just a thought. I don't know whether there is life after death. If anything I suspect there is but I'm not sure.

However if I were God, I wouldn't condemn people for not believing in me. Which means that those who believe in a God who condemns those for not believing in Him believe in a God who is less compassionate than I am.

That strikes me as fairly unlikely.
God has created us for a loving relationship with Him. Sadly in Britain we live in a post-Christian society where many have rejected God, and by their thoughts and actions have told God that we want to go our own way without Him. God has given us free will and allowed us to do so. However we all have chances during our lives to return to Father God just like the prodigal son returned to his father in the parable Jesus told in the new testament. If we choose to go through life on earth without God in our life, and without accepting that Jesus has taken the punishment that our sins deserve, then a righteous God has the right to decide that we should live without Him when our earthly lives end.

God is very compassionate. He sent His Son Jesus to earth to live as a man and die a cruel death on the cross so that we can be set free. If we reject His free gift of eternal life to be spent with Him in heaven then why should we complain if He decides we should spend eternity without Him.

John chapter 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Blackandamber wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 7:09 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 6:01 pm Just a thought. I don't know whether there is life after death. If anything I suspect there is but I'm not sure.

However if I were God, I wouldn't condemn people for not believing in me. Which means that those who believe in a God who condemns those for not believing in Him believe in a God who is less compassionate than I am.

That strikes me as fairly unlikely.
God has created us for a loving relationship with Him. Sadly in Britain we live in a post-Christian society where many have rejected God, and by their thoughts and actions have told God that we want to go our own way without Him. God has given us free will and allowed us to do so. However we all have chances during our lives to return to Father God just like the prodigal son returned to his father in the parable Jesus told in the new testament. If we choose to go through life on earth without God in our life, and without accepting that Jesus has taken the punishment that our sins deserve, then a righteous God has the right to decide that we should live without Him when our earthly lives end.

God is very compassionate. He sent His Son Jesus to earth to live as a man and die a cruel death on the cross so that we can be set free. If we reject His free gift of eternal life to be spent with Him in heaven then why should we complain if He decides we should spend eternity without Him.

John chapter 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
By the way the word "believe" in this context means trusts in, clings to or relies on. It's not about his existence or non-existence.

Blackandamber wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:34 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 12th, 2021, 5:29 pm [Life After Death. Are you a believer?

I agree with you Torquay Exile. There is a lot of evidence that our universe has been designed, so it has to have a designer. The universe including us are not here by chance. I've believed with my head and my heart from an early age that there is a God. This became more of a reality 40 years ago in October 1981. I heard the gospel preached by a man called Peter Scothern in a village in Leicestershire. It was my Damascus experience. I accepted Jesus into my life as both my Lord and my Saviour. So did my wife. In the same service my wife, who had been suffering for years with rheumatoid arthritis, was instantly healed when Scothern prayed for her in the name of Jesus Christ. Since that day I have known God's presence in me. I believe the promises of Christ the Son of God, such as "For God so loved the world He sent His only begotten Son so that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". After the earthly body dies there will come a day of judgement for everyone. Those who have accepted Christ's forgiveness, put God at the centre of their life, and realise that there is nothing they can do themselves to earn salvation, will go to heaven. Those who reject or ignore Christ or think they can earn a place in heaven by their own efforts are in for a nasty shock on the day of judgement.
I think we should stay away from the argument by design if people need to prove the existence of God.

If you completely accept the argument by design, then you reject the Big Bang theory. The evidence is there. Also, if God designed the world how come there is so much evil in it? She is far better than that.

The Blind Watchmaker explains it far better than I can. I don’t accept the authors belief but he does explain himself. We need to be careful when we blindly accept creationism, my belief is that it’s not a literal truth but a concept.

I think we should be brave enough to state that at the moment there are so many unanswered questions. That is what makes the subject so fascinating.

We do indeed need to be careful when we blindly accept creationism. Likewise when we blindly accept that there is no creator. I spent many years weighing up the evidence. My background is in Physics by the way. God totally changed my life and of my life on that day in October 1981. It has not been plain sailing since then but Christ has always been with me and in me since then, as many people who have been born again will testify. When asked what his greatest discovery was, James Simpson who discovered the first anaesthetic, said that his greatest discovery was Jesus Christ. We can debate until the cows come home but in the end knowing Christ is all I need.

Blackandamber wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:35 am We do indeed need to be careful when we blindly accept creationism. Likewise when we blindly accept that there is no creator. I spent many years weighing up the evidence. My background is in Physics by the way. God totally changed my life and of my life on that day in October 1981. It has not been plain sailing since then but Christ has always been with me and in me since then, as many people who have been born again will testify. When asked what his greatest discovery was, James Simpson who discovered the first anaesthetic, said that his greatest discovery was Jesus Christ. We can debate until the cows come home but in the end knowing Christ is all I need.
No need for a debate with me B&A. Apologies for the double negative but, quoting you, I certainly do not accept that there is no creator. The main point of my post was that you should be careful in using the argument from design as evidence of God. It isn’t. It’s been debunked. That however, does not mean that God does not exist.

I’m glad you like physics. My view - in the material (universe) world everything is physics, physics is everything. It is fascinating to me.

Hi Mike,
I am not sure I entirely agree.

I certainly don't deny evolution. I certainly don't think that the world was created on an October morning in 4002BC.

However the seemingly unlikely accidental fine tuning of gravity, the electro-magnetic force, the weak nuclear force, the strong nuclear force to name but four, does suggest that a creator who designs and sets it all in motion is at least a plausible explanation.
Something else to talk about. I'm going to get to a game before Christmas, let's try nd meet.
Brendan.

Hi Brendan,

I’m not sure we are disagreeing about anything tbh.

I don’t think anyone can deny evolution and I certainly disagree with Bishop Ussher. I’m just not sure that the four fundamental forces that you mention suggest a creator. I think the ideas that you mention tend towards the Weak Anthropic Principle. The idea is plausible, but if you go up that path you are linking physics with God and everything else in the ‘designed’ universe. You know, the bad things, evil, pestilence, disease etc. The key event for me is the Big Bang. How that came about, who, what was responsible, probably we will never know.

Hope to get a few games in by Christmas, always up for a meet with fellow County fans as a few will testify.

On a side note and back on topic, I have spent all my working life (electronics/electrical) going on courses after being taught that opposite forces attract, like forces repel. That is most certainly how electricity works (from the electro magnetic fundamental force). However, on a quantum level, that is most certainly not true. The correct rule should be, opposite forces attract, like forces tend to repel, but they don’t always. The gluon, the product of the strong nuclear force proves that. Fascinating, fascinating stuff.

Anyway, back to the footie, beating the Mancs 0-2 at home. At the moment. Brilliant.

Finished 5-0.

Ah now this is interesting. I don't suggest that the universal constants prove that a God/Creator/Supreme being, exists. What I am saying is that the I think these twenty or thirty constants mean that to rule out an intelligent mind behind big bang, or before big bang, seems problematic. Certainly Bernard Lovell came to the conclusion, as have many others that such an intelligence is the best explanation. For me the only other explanation is the multi-verse theory. That of course does allow for the weak and indeed strong Anthropic principle but immediately throws up another truism. If there are a infinite number of universe where all things that are possible will occur in at least one universe, then it follows if a God is possible then He must exist. Then again as an evil God is possible or an ambivalent God, or a God who supports Newport County, then He too must exist. And She and so on.
Looking forward to meeting and probably boring those within earshot.

Brendan

Yes, 5-0, just brilliant.

Anyway, from God to gluons to the Multiverse on a County forum. Nice.

I would like to think I am not repeating myself but quite possibly not explaining myself very well. Your explanation is completely plausible. What I am saying is that I don’t think we should use any evidence of the observable universe as an explanation/justification for God. It may be but we just don’t know. For me, the key event is the Big Bang which Cosmologists are finding more and more about every day. I think they are as close as 1 x 10 to the minus 32 seconds after the event now. Just wow.

Regarding the Multiverse, if the County supporting God exists I think myself and a few others need to have a word😀

Just for the record, I do believe in God, just have no idea how He/She exists or even if that is the right word. Asking is God exists is the wrong question in my opinion. Just a thought.