Question Newport County

Poll ended at October 14th, 2021, 12:17 pm You may select 1 option

should put out the best possible team;
Total votes: 22 (47%)
begin to put resources into the development of the club.?
Total votes: 22 (47%)
Or no opinion
Total votes: 3 (6%)
Total votes: 47

Re: Poll how should we move forward as a Club

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 24th, 2021, 11:26 am
George Street-Bridge wrote: October 24th, 2021, 11:06 am No, I think you are here under false pretences. The appeal of the forum is offering you therapy in the shape of reassurance that you really as clever as you think you are but fear you might not be.
I know I am not qualified to make mental health assessments. Even if I were, I know I'm not clever enough to make a mental health diagnosis of someone I've never met. I know that no mental health professional would ever attempt to make such an assessment.

As with law George, I'd stop talking nonsense on subjects on which you know nothing. In this instance it is offensive.
A true story....

I was in the balcony at the meeting in the Riverside Theatre, when the offer Les Scadding had made to hand over the club to the many, rather than the few, was made public. I had been caught up in work, arrived late, and was shown to the balcony as the floor of the hall was packed.
There weren't so many upstairs, and those that were,csat mainly at the back.
Anyway the meeting progressed, and questions and statements were made, mainly from the the stage and packed floor of the hall.
Later in the meeting, the microphone was on the balcony for people to have their say.
I remember one speaker getting loads of cheers, during his speech. Further in front of me was a bloke who was shaking his head with every word. He then proceeded to place both hands on top of his head, place his head onto his lap and rock back and forth. It was astonishing, similar to Basil Fawlty in the psychiatrist sketch, but without the leaps.
I remember thinking a psychiatrist would have enough material for a book.

Later the meeting ended, and someone held out their hand for this gentleman to shake. At this point he said his forum username in response.

Guess who it was.

whoareya wrote: October 28th, 2021, 10:51 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 28th, 2021, 9:19 am Six and a half thousand views on a topic nobody was interested in.

My especial thanks to Bangitinthenet and Whoareya, without whom we'd have struggled to reach 6,000.
47 actual votes on the poll
23 posters on the thread

So more than half of the voters didn't even bother to post, or used their 'other' identity to vote twice......
Cheers mate, I nearly forgot.

Man of the Match Poll Bristol Rovers 31 votes in total
Man of the Match Poll Carlisle 24 votes in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 28th, 2021, 10:57 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 28th, 2021, 9:19 am Six and a half thousand views on a topic nobody was interested in.

My especial thanks to Bangitinthenet and Whoareya, without whom we'd have struggled to reach 6,000.
23 posters on the thread

So more than half of the voters didn't even bother to post, or used their 'other' identity to vote twice......

Your deflection tactic of activity comparisons reveals the most significant true fact - this forum has become a sleepy backwater for Foggys, Cleggs and Compos to while away the monotony of retirement.....

But chin up - its pension day!

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 28th, 2021, 11:39 am
whoareya wrote: October 28th, 2021, 11:03 am
Your deflection tactic of activity comparisons reveals the most significant true fact - this forum has become a sleepy backwater for Foggys, Cleggs and Compos to while away the monotony of retirement.....

Probably the least self aware post ever written on this board.
Least self-aware post?!

Now that the irony shockwave has rescinded - I've mentioned before, for me this site is merely a source of occasional entertainment to avoid starting DIY jobs whilst also dodging work contracts - but inevitably one will come along and I will revert to radio silence whilst real life takes priority.

Even the self obsessed participants of Big Brother realised it was only a game show....

I'm off for some lunch now, so I'll leave you to multi-view your own posts......

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 29th, 2021, 12:20 am County have an income of £1m from TV and £1m from tickets, plus money in the bank. So to get their hands on that, how much were the prospective purchasers willing to invest?

So you are saying that Newport County has about £2,200,000 or more in the bank? Do you know this for sure, or are you just guessing?

When an investor what to invest in any business, whether it's a football club or a retail shop on the High Street, they will look over the businesses books as you know. For them to see whether it is worth investing or not, you are right. It works the other way also. Newport County needs to know the future investor can take the club to the next level.

Was it me that said County have had that amount in the bank?

What I have said is that County have an income of 2m, AND money in the bank.

I have no idea what expenditure County are committed to, however 1 year contracts appear to be more popular recently. What I will say, is if anyone were to offer to buy the club for less than 10% of it's income, I would believe that they were in it to make a killing. Personally, I would still be doubtful of intentions, if it were less than 100% of income.

whoareya wrote: October 28th, 2021, 11:03 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 28th, 2021, 10:57 am

23 posters on the thread

I can relate to this more than perhaps you realised when posting about last of the summer wine. I retired in June, and since then have positively revelled in my regression from responsible adult back towards childhood. So far I have reached my mid twenties, much to my long suffering wife's bemusement. She chose not to retire, and is having difficulty living with someone shorn of most responsibility for the first time in 40 years. Ho Hum, perhaps she will soon give in being an adult and come and join me, or perhaps not. 🙂

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 29th, 2021, 1:00 am Was it me that said County have had that amount in the bank?

What I have said is that County have an income of 2m, AND money in the bank.

I have no idea what expenditure County are committed to, however 1 year contracts appear to be more popular recently. What I will say, is if anyone were to offer to buy the club for less than 10% of it's income, I would believe that they were in it to make a killing. Personally, I would still be doubtful of intentions, if it were less than 100% of income.
County have an income of £1m from TV and £1m from tickets, plus money in the bank. So to get their hands on that, how much were the prospective purchasers willing to invest?
Going by what you said above in the quotation marks, that's how you came across. More than or equal to £2,200.000 in the bank.

So £1,000,000 from TV agreement is that every season or once a blue moon? The £1,000,000 in ticket sales. Are that in-season tickets or at the end of the season after 23 games?

I'm unable to tell you what figures that they would have invested in Newport County. I have had to sign an NDA to cover that part of the documents that I had received.