Re: Green County?

So people are now suggesting that the club should run a series of subsidised buses, aside from public bus and rail services?

Really?

In Newport there is the Flexi bus service, which a number of fans could use to get home, as it runs after 6pm, when the scheduled services now stop.

As for the valleys, all it requires is car sharing, and utilising the existing City centre car parking.

We have a City centre Stadium, it really isn't that difficult to access.

What will draw people is great football to watch from both teams on a great surface.

Oh silly me, we have all those things already.
Last edited by Bangitintrnet on November 5th, 2021, 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

whoareya wrote: November 5th, 2021, 7:39 am So people are now suggesting that the club should run a series of subsidised buses, aside from public bus and rail services?

Really?
Not really.

If you read my post, I say in my view the club should examine the feasibility of running a bus service.

I don't say they should, I certainly don't say it should be subsidized.

But what I say and what you say I say are two completely different things.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 5th, 2021, 8:48 am
whoareya wrote: November 5th, 2021, 7:39 am So people are now suggesting that the club should run a series of subsidised buses, aside from public bus and rail services?

Really?
Not really.

If you read my post, I say in my view the club should examine the feasibility of running a bus service.

Again, I didnt quote anyone's specific post and I raised both points as questions.

For someone who says they think things through, you do seem to crash in with presumptions.

whoareya wrote: November 5th, 2021, 9:37 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 5th, 2021, 8:48 am

Really?
Not really.

Again, I didnt quote anyone's specific post and I raised both points as questions.

For someone who says they think things through, you do seem to crash in with presumptions.
Perhaps you could name the people you say are advocating the club run subsidized busses?

I'm looking forward to your reply to that question.

I'm asking the question, not making the statement, but in the context of the Green County title, the subject suggests that it would be a club initiative. Without knowing the full cost of the club hiring buses specifically for football routes around the local gwent catchment, it would be unlikely to be much of a green i incentive to pass on the full cost to service users.

Two main points for green initiatives - make it easy and make it cost effective for those you want to engage with. Somewhere along the line a subsidy is usually needed.

I would have thought the first point of contact for someone interested in due diligence would be the supporters club, who have run away buses for decades.
But then again responsibility for his words or indeed the costs of his proposals is not on a trolls agenda is it?

whoareya wrote: November 5th, 2021, 10:21 am I'm asking the question, not making the statement, but in the context of the Green County title, the subject suggests that it would be a club initiative. Without knowing the full cost of the club hiring buses specifically for football routes around the local gwent catchment, it would be unlikely to be much of a green i incentive to pass on the full cost to service users.

Two main points for green initiatives - make it easy and make it cost effective for those you want to engage with. Somewhere along the line a subsidy is usually needed.
i am asking this question.

Who are the people who have advocated that Newport County run subsidized bus service? That is people, plural, more than one.

Pemb's started a perfectly good discussion on Newport County and green issues. A debate that I'm sure a lot of people have an interest in. But as is far too often the case, a small group of self appointed anonymous people sabotage the discussion by resorting to looking for fights as opposed to debate. Whoareya and Bangitinthenet being two of these people.

So again answer the question, who are the people who advocate a subsidized bus service run by Newport County?

Do you not tire of deflection when you hit a dead end?

I'd suggest you look at your own post on the first page of this thread to see who first resorted to looking for fights as opposed to debate.

And to repeat, I asked a question, I didn't make a statement.
I'd also point out that the first post on this also questioned if the club should perhaps stay out of green issues.

Can I remind you that you have now retired and that this is a football fans forum, and not a court of law.
There is no requirement to try to intimidate people, to bully, to ignore the validity of others argument, it is a Fecking football fans forum.
Can I suggest that you revisit Last of the summer Wine, and take from it the childishness that is so endearing, rather than persist with the angst of your working life. Perhaps you will learn to like yourself and respect others. Or perhaps not.

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 5th, 2021, 12:06 pm Can I remind you that you have now retired and that this is a football fans forum, and not a court of law.
There is no requirement to try to intimidate people, to bully, to ignore the validity of others argument, it is a Fecking football fans forum.
Can I suggest that you revisit Last of the summer Wine, and take from it the childishness that is so endearing, rather than persist with the angst of your working life. Perhaps you will learn to like yourself and respect others. Or perhaps not.
👍

Such a shame.

Mike posts up about how Newport County could embrace green issues. I and a few others try to have a debate but it is derailed by two rather pathetic anonymous fools.
I had hoped that bangedonhishead would get the message when I blocked his nonsense. Only to have whatthefucisit quote him.
So time to block him as well.

Now back on topic.

There is a green agenda. Those who embrace it are likely to be more successful than those who don't. For me transport is the most obvious way that this can be done. If we wish to encourage potential supporters who live outside the Newport area I think there is potential for the club to look at supplying bus routes specifically for games. Let's face it arriving at Cwmbran or Pontypool station after a night game in Newport if you live a few miles away is not an attractive prospect. Further I got hooked on County in the mid sixties. Busses specifically for the football ran from the Cromwell Rd to the then town centre. We have always run coaches to away games with various pick up points around Newport. Not looking at these types of initiative strike me as being counter productive.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 5th, 2021, 1:08 pm Such a shame.

Mike posts up about how Newport County could embrace green issues. I and a few others try to have a debate but it is derailed by two rather pathetic anonymous fools.
I had hoped that bangedonhishead would get the message when I blocked his nonsense. Only to have whatthefucisit quote him.
So time to block him as well.

Now back on topic.

If you care to look back though the thread you will find:

A) The first antagonistic post was from you.
B) The only poster who has claimed the thread has been derailed is you.

Your lack of self-awareness is staggering. You don't get to decide what constitutes debate.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 4th, 2021, 10:18 pm
Victor Meldrew wrote: November 4th, 2021, 6:26 pm

How is it a knee-jerk reaction when after taking the time to read that you "think things through" I was merely highlighting that on this occasion your knowledge of the facts was somewhat lacking. There are people better qualified than your good self to comment on local matters.
I stayed for a few months in my late sister's house in Ty Canol. The point I was making, if you read my post was that it would be very difficult to travel to Rodney Parade via public transport. Hence the club, in my opinion, should look at running busses which would enable supporters who don't live close by to a railway station to get to games.

The substance of your post agreed with me. But because of your kneejerk reaction, you failed to realize that, and had a little dig. A sad lack of diligence on your part I'm afraid.
For your information, Stan, I have neither agreed or disagreed with your proposal. My original post was in support of Whoareya in promoting car sharing and in doing so highlighting the current difficulties with local public transport when up to that point you had only mentioned the cost of it. I do object though to you taking my comment out of context to suit your own agenda. Please do not take things so personally. This forum is not all about you. Sorry to hear about your sister.