Re: Green County?

Victor Meldrew wrote: November 5th, 2021, 4:27 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 4th, 2021, 10:18 pm
Victor Meldrew wrote: November 4th, 2021, 6:26 pm

How is it a knee-jerk reaction when after taking the time to read that you "think things through" I was merely highlighting that on this occasion your knowledge of the facts was somewhat lacking. There are people better qualified than your good self to comment on local matters.
I stayed for a few months in my late sister's house in Ty Canol. The point I was making, if you read my post was that it would be very difficult to travel to Rodney Parade via public transport. Hence the club, in my opinion, should look at running busses which would enable supporters who don't live close by to a railway station to get to games.

The substance of your post agreed with me. But because of your kneejerk reaction, you failed to realize that, and had a little dig. A sad lack of diligence on your part I'm afraid.
For your information, Stan, I have neither agreed or disagreed with your proposal. My original post was in support of Whoareya in promoting car sharing and in doing so highlighting the current difficulties with local public transport when up to that point you had only mentioned the cost of it. I do object though to you taking my comment out of context to suit your own agenda. Please do not take things so personally. This forum is not all about you. Sorry to hear about your sister.
Let's get this straight. You post up a comment which whether you like it or not was making the same point as I was. You accept that you were supporting Whoareya, which you have every right to do. Then you add that I have lacked diligence. Therefore logic would suggest that that if I were in disagreement Whoareya and you are supporting him, then your claim to be neither agreeing or disagreeing with me is total nonsense.

Everyone has the right to express their views. However if we express views we don't have the right not to have our views challenged.

I would think that football special buses are most appropriate where the ground is on the outskirts of a town and have a suitable parking area for loading and unloading fans. Stadiums like Shrewsbury, Oxford and Colchester. Another thing to take into consideration is that older fans may use a bus pass to come into town. I presume a 'special' bus service may not accept concessionary passes and thus lessen the number of potential customers.

excessbee wrote: November 5th, 2021, 6:07 pm I would think that football special buses are most appropriate where the ground is on the outskirts of a town and have a suitable parking area for loading and unloading fans. Stadiums like Shrewsbury, Oxford and Colchester. Another thing to take into consideration is that older fans may use a bus pass to come into town. I presume a 'special' bus service may not accept concessionary passes and thus lessen the number of potential customers.
The over 60's bus pass includes a third off valley lines. So bus to the station, train to Newport, from Newport Station to RP, and vice versa, with a pickup from the station to home.

You can make it as easy as you like, but new people will only come distance if the quality of the product is up there, which makes the extra effort worthwhile.
Last edited by Bangitintrnet on November 5th, 2021, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When I picked up a ticket for Harrogate, I noticed a skip, inside were heavy Chrome plated computer screen arms, and stainless steel barrier's. Alongside were hundreds of green astro turf sections from around the pitch. I wondered if these things could have a second use, rather than go to land fill, obviously that is a question for our landlord.
Last edited by Bangitintrnet on November 5th, 2021, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 5th, 2021, 1:08 pm Such a shame.

Mike posts up about how Newport County could embrace green issues. I and a few others try to have a debate but it is derailed by two rather pathetic anonymous fools.
I had hoped that bangedonhishead would get the message when I blocked his nonsense. Only to have whatthefucisit quote him.
So time to block him as well.

Now back on topic.

There is a green agenda. Those who embrace it are likely to be more successful than those who don't. For me transport is the most obvious way that this can be done. If we wish to encourage potential supporters who live outside the Newport area I think there is potential for the club to look at supplying bus routes specifically for games. Let's face it arriving at Cwmbran or Pontypool station after a night game in Newport if you live a few miles away is not an attractive prospect. Further I got hooked on County in the mid sixties. Busses specifically for the football ran from the Cromwell Rd to the then town centre. We have always run coaches to away games with various pick up points around Newport. Not looking at these types of initiative strike me as being counter productive.
So the people who are debating are foe'd, for what reason? Are you unable to cope with anyone who challenges your views? You do realise that that is the whole point of a forum debate don't you?
Are you calling for debate, while at the same time hiding from having to debate?

Why is transport the most obvious way a green agenda can be delivered, especially asking the club to run a service with no knowledge of the costs involved? If the supporters club have run busses for decades, don't you think they would have at some point costed a service, and decided it wasn't viable? Due diligence if you like.

Further if a supporter is driving a car to the ground, then it costs no more to share, it creates a small group, who then make more of day of it, and socialize together. This creates a link in the small group, and encouragement to keep the link even if the quality of the product drops.

Much better long term, than a supporter using transport on their own.

As I have been foe'd, I will be grateful if someone can respond to this post in order that the foreign troll is able to respond.
A quick thumb's down is fine, as long as he can read it.
A comment including the word feckwit, even better. 👍

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 4th, 2021, 4:37 pm
Victor Meldrew wrote: November 4th, 2021, 2:11 pm

Add the fact that Cwmbran Depot Stagecoach bus drivers are currently taking strike action.
Apart from that good luck in getting a bus back to Cwmbran, let alone Ty Canol, after an evening match.
Sorry Stan, but you have failed the due diligence test.
So if you can't use public transport all the more reason for the club to examine at the very least, whether it is feasible to run football special busses.

I don't think it's me that has failed due diligence. Probably because I take the time to read what people write. Rather than have a kneejerk reaction.
Really, that'll explain why you mistakenly accuse me of selling bath bombs, which I don't. Ps BMW do well selling Cars despite not having invented the combustion engine.

Stan vs Whoareya vs Bangitinthenet vs the buses.. (from green county)

Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 5th, 2021, 5:11 pm
Victor Meldrew wrote: November 5th, 2021, 4:27 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 4th, 2021, 10:18 pm
Victor Meldrew wrote: November 4th, 2021, 6:26 pm

How is it a knee-jerk reaction when after taking the time to read that you "think things through" I was merely highlighting that on this occasion your knowledge of the facts was somewhat lacking. There are people better qualified than your good self to comment on local matters.
I stayed for a few months in my late sister's house in Ty Canol. The point I was making, if you read my post was that it would be very difficult to travel to Rodney Parade via public transport. Hence the club, in my opinion, should look at running busses which would enable supporters who don't live close by to a railway station to get to games.

The substance of your post agreed with me. But because of your kneejerk reaction, you failed to realize that, and had a little dig. A sad lack of diligence on your part I'm afraid.
For your information, Stan, I have neither agreed or disagreed with your proposal. My original post was in support of Whoareya in promoting car sharing and in doing so highlighting the current difficulties with local public transport when up to that point you had only mentioned the cost of it. I do object though to you taking my comment out of context to suit your own agenda. Please do not take things so personally. This forum is not all about you. Sorry to hear about your sister.
Let's get this straight. You post up a comment which whether you like it or not was making the same point as I was. You accept that you were supporting Whoareya, which you have every right to do. Then you add that I have lacked diligence. Therefore logic would suggest that that if I were in disagreement Whoareya and you are supporting him, then your claim to be neither agreeing or disagreeing with me is total nonsense.

Everyone has the right to express their views. However if we express views we don't have the right not to have our views challenged.
If only, eh.
23 minutes after posting this I received this PM from Stan. I will leave you to make your own conclusions.
Hi,

I'm sorry you feel you were quoted out of context, but you weren't If you look at the thread my suggestion, put simply was that in terms of 'going green' County could do worse than examine the feasibility of a bus service to enable people in remote areas to access Rodney Parade more easily. Whoareya's post simply gave the cost of the train fare between Cwmbran and Newport. I pointed out the expense and difficulty of getting to Cwmbran station for some people. I used the example of Ty Canol simply because I knew the journey.

Now read again your post. It adds to my point. A fifteen year old kid who might fancy watching a game at RP on a Tuesday night in December isn't going to find it easy.

I therefore don't get why you added I didn't show due diligence. I don't get why you added the unpleasant remark about me not knowing about Ty Canol. (There was no reason for you to have known my personal circumstances, and thank you for your condolences.)

Let's move on. The final thing I don't get is why you want to associate with Whoareya. He's a moron. He posts up that some people, and he did mean me, have advocated County provide a subsidized bus service. Nobody said that but away he and his mate Bangitinthenet go, oblivious to any facts.

Kind regards,

Brendan
I have no desire to communicate with you in this manner and as I have nothing to hide I trust you have no objection to my posting this on the main message board as I do not like being dictated to over who I associate or agree with. I apologise in advance to Jack if in by doing so, I have broken any rules.

Victor

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 5th, 2021, 6:49 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: November 5th, 2021, 1:08 pm Such a shame.

Mike posts up about how Newport County could embrace green issues. I and a few others try to have a debate but it is derailed by two rather pathetic anonymous fools.
I had hoped that bangedonhishead would get the message when I blocked his nonsense. Only to have whatthefucisit quote him.
So time to block him as well.

Now back on topic.

There is a green agenda. Those who embrace it are likely to be more successful than those who don't. For me transport is the most obvious way that this can be done. If we wish to encourage potential supporters who live outside the Newport area I think there is potential for the club to look at supplying bus routes specifically for games. Let's face it arriving at Cwmbran or Pontypool station after a night game in Newport if you live a few miles away is not an attractive prospect. Further I got hooked on County in the mid sixties. Busses specifically for the football ran from the Cromwell Rd to the then town centre. We have always run coaches to away games with various pick up points around Newport. Not looking at these types of initiative strike me as being counter productive.
So the people who are debating are foe'd, for what reason? Are you unable to cope with anyone who challenges your views? You do realise that that is the whole point of a forum debate don't you?
Are you calling for debate, while at the same time hiding from having to debate?

Why is transport the most obvious way a green agenda can be delivered, especially asking the club to run a service with no knowledge of the costs involved? If the supporters club have run busses for decades, don't you think they would have at some point costed a service, and decided it wasn't viable? Due diligence if you like.

Further if a supporter is driving a car to the ground, then it costs no more to share, it creates a small group, who then make more of day of it, and socialize together. This creates a link in the small group, and encouragement to keep the link even if the quality of the product drops.

Much better long term, than a supporter using transport on their own.

As I have been foe'd, I will be grateful if someone can respond to this post in order that the foreign troll is able to respond.
A quick thumb's down is fine, as long as he can read it.
A comment including the word feckwit, even better. 👍
Happy to oblige. 😇

Re: Stan vs Whoareya vs Bangitinthenet vs the buses.. (from green county)

We all know that Bangitinthenet is a racist. If you conflate an insult i.e. troll with a person's race or nationality i.e. foreign then that automatically becomes racist abuse.

Racists are idiots to be pitied. Those who oblige them are even more pathetic. Just look at what Bangitinthenet has written.

Aimed at me 'Are you calling for a debate while at the same time hiding from debate?' Which is a perfectly fair question.

Bangitinthenet's idea of debate.

@I would be grateful if someone can respond to this post in order that the foreign troll is able to respond. A quick thumbs down is fine so long as he is able to read it. A comment including the word fecwit, even better'.

Fair enough, on the evidence of your posts, I think it beyond doubt, you are both incapable of having a reasoned debate. Whether that makes you both 'fecwit's' I'll let others decide.

Re: Stan vs Whoareya vs Bangitinthenet vs the buses.. (from green county)

Jack wrote: November 6th, 2021, 10:38 am
This is getting extremely tedious.
Perhaps. But as it is now on something else only those who enjoy watching a bun fight will read it and it's not clogging up the interesting threads on the main board such as the 'Green County' one started by Pemb's.

When it comes to tedium I find the 'Ex County players' thread extremely tedious. So I don't read it. Neither am I critical of those who enjoy that thread. If various posters need to get rid of their frustrations by picking fights with, and having their bottoms firmly spanked by me, that is their choice.

Live and let live. :grin: