Hatswell extends contract to 2024

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... t-to-2024/

Newport County AFC are delighted to announce that assistant manager Wayne Hatswell has extended his contract at the club until the summer of 2024.

After having a spell as a player in the 2011-12 season, Hatswell joined the Exiles as assistant manager in 2013, shortly after guiding Stamford up from the Northern Premier League Division One South as play-off winners.

Hatswell re-joined County in 2017 after briefly leaving in 2015 and since his return he has been part of a coaching staff that has guided Newport to the third, fourth, and fifth rounds of the FA Cup, as well as two League Two play-off finals.

Earlier this season, Hatswell had a brief spell as caretaker manager following the departure of Michael Flynn, with Hatswell guiding County to a win and three draws in an unbeaten four-game spell in charge of the Exiles.

On the news that Hatswell will be staying for at least two more seasons, Chairman Gavin Foxall said: "The club are delighted that Wayne has signed an extension to his current deal. Wayne has been critical to ensuring continuity given the recent transition and played a pivotal role in our success over a number of years”.

County manager James Rowberry said: "I'm delighted that Wayne has signed extended terms which fall in line with mine. He has been vital in helping me settle in at the football club.

"He has played a key role at the club and I am in a fortunate position to inherit a club that is built on solid foundations that he helped create.

"Our focus now is on doing all we can to take the club to the next level."