Re: GRANDSTAND: Crawley Town (Away) Match Day thread

owlsabout wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 10:54 pm Agree did look slow and one paced especially second half .just a quick question why are we playing on Friday night instead of Saturday?? After the lack of intensity in the second 45mins the extra days rest would surely be beneficial now ?? I don't get these Friday night games? Can't be nothing to do with saving money on over night stays because ain't we travelling the day before anyway
Apparently that was the reason stated originally,it seems JR has changed it and insists on a overnighter.

Percy plunkett wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 11:04 pm
owlsabout wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 10:54 pm Agree did look slow and one paced especially second half .just a quick question why are we playing on Friday night instead of Saturday?? After the lack of intensity in the second 45mins the extra days rest would surely be beneficial now ?? I don't get these Friday night games? Can't be nothing to do with saving money on over night stays because ain't we travelling the day before anyway
Apparently that was the reason stated originally,it seems JR has changed it and insists on a overnighter.
Hardly think that's the reason., back in the day we often used to play on a Friday night, at Somerton: Hartlepools came down 5. Bradford 4. Northampton 5.

But that was all to do with the Steelworks shifts. As was the 3.15 kick-off.

These days, because they're worried. Newport County could be something. Without , the Steele, or iron, or a Sirhowy valley. I believe they throw it back...to sent us back. To Sirhowy Valley.

Little.. did they realise....

Lost in Willesden wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 10:07 pm
Lost in Willesden wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 10:01 pm
County Exile wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 10:00 pm Lost in Willesden wrote:-
The problem was Dolan can't pass to anybody with talent. He's a nightmare.
So how come everything fell apart as soon as Dolan went off?
How come everything fell apart when Dolan returned.
I'd go four at the back because we haven't got one real wing-back.

In the middle I'd promote Greenidge, sell Dolan and Bennet.

Up front, keep all of them.

But I'll be in the minority.
Not sure where you're playing Greenidge? Middle and keep everyone up front? Greenidge is a striker

George Street-Bridge wrote: November 24th, 2021, 8:33 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: November 24th, 2021, 8:13 am Didn't watch last night working but JR says we should have had a penalty is he correct
Didn't notice anything and there's nothing on the 9-minute highlights clip - which I would say gives a very fair reflection of the game. Some of our gifting them the ball was alarming.
Lewis went down in the box but couldn't tell you if it was a foul. Would have to see it again.

The most concerning thing for me was when Dolan departed it was if he took the teams composure and belief with him. When Crawley push further up the pitch our defence looked panicky and heads dropped. Desperation set in as demonstrated by 5 yellows. A definite mental deficiency more than a lack of physical ability. We've now witnessed it under both managers this season. Whilst appreciating momentum plays a major part in team sport, believe there is a lot of psychological improvements to be had with our current team. Achieving them however will be an uphill challenge. Wish Rowberry the best of luck with it.