Re: Really?

lowandhard wrote: November 24th, 2021, 1:18 pm I do hope our new manager isn’t getting deluded. Much as I agree with him about the officials ( which let’s face it are invariably bad ) there’s no way we deserved to win that game. We were dreadful second half and Crawley had enough chances to win.
https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... y-crawley/

“I thought we did enough in the first half to create opportunities and didn’t take them. We built quite well but didn’t get on their third and fourth line to get in behind as we like to,” he said.

“We’ve got to work harder in the final third to ensure that we produce quality to get the opportunities we deserve with our build-up.

“Second half they came at us more and got after us, I was disappointed to concede from a set play but the reaction was terrific.

“Some might say it was a point gained, I’d say it was two lost but it was vital to get something out of the game.

“I look at results here in previous years and if we had gone 1-0 down then I’m not sure how we would have got on. It’s a positive result to come back from going behind to draw the game.”

He's spot on there, nothing deluded in that. Should we have had a penalty? Yes.

lowandhard wrote: November 24th, 2021, 1:18 pm I do hope our new manager isn’t getting deluded. Much as I agree with him about the officials ( which let’s face it are invariably bad ) there’s no way we deserved to win that game. We were dreadful second half and Crawley had enough chances to win.
Either delusional or employing a bit of psychology in trying to pick up the players. Body language didn't look good after conceding, from a number of players.
Makes for a stark contrast to labelling them cowards.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: November 24th, 2021, 6:34 pm
Either delusional or employing a bit of psychology in trying to pick up the players. Body language didn't look good after conceding, from a number of players.
Now that I do agree with.

hardly created anything Crawley were much the better side we had more procession but most of it was in our own half .if it wasn't for day Crawley would have taken all 3 points .don't get the change up top front 2 just building up a decent partnership . What's happened to livermore not in the sqaud again ? Only 5 weeks ago he was to nx big thing ??

Justanordinaryfan wrote: November 24th, 2021, 7:44 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: November 24th, 2021, 6:34 pm
Now that I do agree with.
Yes I agree not a great idea that 😂 I’m sure he has more sense than that but then again I thought Flynn did, perhaps he knew he was going. I’m sure either Rowberry will be either denying to himself the poverty of that second half performance ( ie delusional ) or much more likely he will be practising defensive lineups ready for Friday, there’s got to be some changes after that. Pretty worrying in that we don’t have that many options at the back especially as presumably Dolan is out for a bit.

The new manager, full of potential, arrived to a fanfare and has achieved a promising start to his time in charge. However, unless Rowberry turns out to be the best manager in the world he’ll inevitably face periods where things don’t go as well. He’s inexperienced as a manager, so it’s going to be a challenge for him at times. As with Flynn, it’s how Rowberry deals with that challenge that will make or break him. I’d like to think he’s going to do well.