Re: VIDEO: Open Supporters Meeting

flat4 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 3:42 am Sadly I was not able to attend, after having my booster jab on Wednesday evening the side effect completely nocked me for six, so what have we learned from last nights meeting.
Having watched the video's, it seems the meeting was poorly attended and the questions to the board were insubstantial. What surprised me was the level of commercial sponsorship which I understand is 230k for the current season, growth on last year, but not as much as I had expected. It shows that there is room for further contributions from supporters and sponsors if revenue-generating ideas can be supported.

Colin

jonescmj1 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 4:35 am
flat4 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 3:42 am Sadly I was not able to attend, after having my booster jab on Wednesday evening the side effect completely nocked me for six, so what have we learned from last nights meeting.
Having watched the video's, it seems the meeting was poorly attended and the questions to the board were insubstantial. What surprised me was the level of commercial sponsorship which I understand is 230k for the current season, growth on last year, but not as much as I had expected. It shows that there is room for further contributions from supporters and sponsors if revenue-generating ideas can be supported.

Colin
It may have seemed poorly attended but something approaching 1000 were apparently viewing. If that number is true then I think that’s pretty impressive.
I agree on the insubstantial level of questions, but I’ve noticed that an element of media management exists with all these meetings, probably to ensure nothing too contentious gets asked. It is also a shame that with so many watching, that in this technological age the Club could not have had a facility for viewing supporters to ask a question.
Overall though, I was very impressed with the quality of the speakers, with particular mention to James Rowberry for providing an excellent insight of his philosophy to team management, also for delaying his long trip to Colchester just to attend.

[ It may have seemed poorly attended but something approaching 1000 were apparently viewing. If that number is true then I think that’s pretty impressive.
I agree on the insubstantial level of questions, but I’ve noticed that an element of media management exists with all these meetings, probably to ensure nothing too contentious gets asked. It is also a shame that with so many watching, that in this technological age the Club could not have had a facility for viewing supporters to ask a question.
Overall though, I was very impressed with the quality of the speakers, with particular mention to Rowberry for providing an excellent insight of his philosophy to team management, also for delaying his long trip to Colchester just to attend. ]

Agree with your statement 100%.
This meeting could have and should have been arranged for next week during as we don't have a game.

I was there last night. I wouldn't say it was poorly attended. About similar numbers to open meetings in the past, I'd say.
Overall, I thought it was excellent.
Good to hear from the manager & the sporting director - and Kelly, the head of safeguarding, gave a really impressive insight into such an important role.
Great to hear Nigel say the club would post a profit for last season. That'll be four successive annual profits - how many clubs in L2 have done that, particularly with the last two being in a pandemic?
We all had information sheets on our seats, which answered a lot of questions and is probably why questions from the floor might have sounded a bit 'tame'.
Really enjoyed it.
Apologies for being positive. ;-)

Jonesy3 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 11:34 am I was there last night. I wouldn't say it was poorly attended. About similar numbers to open meetings in the past, I'd say.
Good to hear from the manager & the sporting director - and Kelly, the head of safeguarding, gave a really impressive insight into such an important role.
Great to hear Nigel say the club would post a profit for last season. That'll be four successive annual profits - how many clubs in L2 have done that, particularly with the last two being in a pandemic?
We all had information sheets on our seats, which answered a lot of questions and is probably why questions from the floor might have sounded a bit 'tame'.
Really enjoyed it.
Would it be possible for you post a copy of said document on this thread for those that could not make it so they can also read it.

Thanks in advance

flat4 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 11:42 am
Jonesy3 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 11:34 am I was there last night. I wouldn't say it was poorly attended. About similar numbers to open meetings in the past, I'd say.
Really enjoyed it.
Would it be possible for you post a copy of said document on this thread for those that could not make it so they can also read it.

Thanks in advance
Didn't keep it, sorry. Read it & left it on the chair.

County Exile wrote: November 26th, 2021, 1:06 pm I noticed when talking about the loan signings and the January window / recall possibilities the manager said he was confident they will still be here "unless we decide otherwise". So looks like he hasn't ruled out sending any of them back.
I did also notice the order in which he put those clubs - Swansea, Villa, Liverpool and Fulham. This is my precise order of those players' importance to County.
Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

Free beer wrote: November 26th, 2021, 1:12 pm
County Exile wrote: November 26th, 2021, 1:06 pm I noticed when talking about the loan signings and the January window / recall possibilities the manager said he was confident they will still be here "unless we decide otherwise". So looks like he hasn't ruled out sending any of them back.
I did also notice the order in which he put those clubs - Swansea, Villa, Liverpool and Fulham. This is my precise order of those players' importance to County.
Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.
I think you are probably right.....

Jonesy3 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 11:59 am
flat4 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 11:42 am
Really enjoyed it.

Thanks in advance
Didn't keep it, sorry. Read it & left it on the chair.
No problem sir, I am sure some one will come along and post a copy up, unless of course all attendee's had to sign a NDA.

Really enjoyed it.
Please can you stop posting positive post's it goes against the grain to some on here 🤣

Apparently we are on course for bankruptcy according to some , Nobody gets on behind the scenes, I could go on 🙄

So think on 🤪