Question Newport County

Poll ended at October 14th, 2021, 12:17 pm You may select 1 option

should put out the best possible team;
Total votes: 22 (47%)
begin to put resources into the development of the club.?
Total votes: 22 (47%)
Or no opinion
Total votes: 3 (6%)
Total votes: 47

Re: Poll how should we move forward as a Club

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:21 am
Torquay Exile wrote: October 29th, 2021, 2:38 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: October 29th, 2021, 1:00 am Was it me that said County have had that amount in the bank?

What I have said is that County have an income of 2m, AND money in the bank.

I have no idea what expenditure County are committed to, however 1 year contracts appear to be more popular recently. What I will say, is if anyone were to offer to buy the club for less than 10% of it's income, I would believe that they were in it to make a killing. Personally, I would still be doubtful of intentions, if it were less than 100% of income.
County have an income of £1m from TV and £1m from tickets, plus money in the bank. So to get their hands on that, how much were the prospective purchasers willing to invest?
Going by what you said above in the quotation marks, that's how you came across. More than or equal to £2,200.000 in the bank.

So £1,000,000 from TV agreement is that every season or once a blue moon? The £1,000,000 in ticket sales. Are that in-season tickets or at the end of the season after 23 games?

I'm unable to tell you what figures that they would have invested in Newport County. I have had to sign an NDA to cover that part of the documents that I had received.

I repeat that I'm unable to tell you what figures that they would have invested in Newport County. I have had to sign an NDA to cover that part of the documents that I had received.

I remember Matt Southall making a statement along the lines of the County had outgrown his financial ability, and of course any business person has to understand the sums involved are now very large. It's something that carries a lot of financial risk, and not much financial reward. If you had to sign a NDA, the sums involved wouldn't have been worth boasting about. Sometimes it is important that business people, use a business head and not a supporters head, as they have to understand their limits. We have seen clubs crash and burn, but many more successful business people go the same way, just for the love of the game.

£15fornonleague?! wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:55 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: November 25th, 2021, 6:34 pm pembsexile, I will answer your questions as long as they are reasonable and not part of the NDA. I have signed.
I can tell you that I'm not who you think I am or uptheport, thinks I am, also many other people think I am.

I don't think anyone believes you.

In your opinion which part do they not believe?

George Street-Bridge wrote: November 27th, 2021, 8:14 am All this non-disclosure stuff is gripping, have you thought about auctioning the move rights?
Have you ever signed a non-disclosure yourself?
I'm sure you will find that non-disclosures are used by Newport County a lot and other football clubs, too.
You can laugh at my account if you like I have no problem with that. As the old saying goes, those who laugh last laugh longest/best.

Willthiswork wrote: November 27th, 2021, 1:28 pm I honestly don't see anyone laughing. Also I honestly have not seen this document or any support on where the Trust is our of date or where we could be making more money etc. Surely if you had that info and believed in it you would share it or want the 'owner' of it to share it with the Club or Trust?
You are right. You haven't seen the documents I have. I don't think you will see them. I could be wrong about that.

They believe that the club is going wrong is with the membership being from Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Ex-Pats. The club is treating the membership as winners and losers. That shouldn't be the case.

I hope you don't mind me asking how many in each category have the club signed up?

Torquay Exile wrote: November 26th, 2021, 5:33 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: November 25th, 2021, 6:34 pm pembsexile, I will answer your questions as long as they are reasonable and not part of the NDA. I have signed.
I can tell you that I'm not who you think I am or uptheport, thinks I am, also many other people think I am.

You just come across as a complete bullshitter.

£15fornonleague?! wrote: November 27th, 2021, 3:59 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: November 26th, 2021, 5:33 pm

You just come across as a complete bullshitter.
Thank you, Mr. Director. I have taken what you say on board.

Torquay Exile wrote: November 27th, 2021, 2:45 pm
Willthiswork wrote: November 27th, 2021, 1:28 pm I honestly don't see anyone laughing. Also I honestly have not seen this document or any support on where the Trust is our of date or where we could be making more money etc. Surely if you had that info and believed in it you would share it or want the 'owner' of it to share it with the Club or Trust?
You are right. You haven't seen the documents I have. I don't think you will see them. I could be wrong about that.

They believe that the club is going wrong is with the membership being from Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Ex-Pats. The club is treating the membership as winners and losers. That shouldn't be the case.

I hope you don't mind me asking how many in each category have the club signed up?
I find this a bit odd. "They" whoever they are, seem to be discussing the trust but calling it the club.

I think the vast majority of people who attended on the night are happy with how the CLUB and the TRUST has performed. Whether that was the case for the thousand that watched from afar, who knows. Indead, perhaps some of those may have been other clubs watching how our club is run.

I do know that a request was made from the floor for new blood to assist the lifeline society, as the average age is now too high.

I believe the Lifeline Society was started by David Hando before the old club folded. Being harsh, it was too young at the time to save the County, but was a massive assistance to Newport AFC.

What should be remembered is over the years substantial money has come into the club from the Lifeline Society. They have never asked for anything in return, or for anyone to sign a NDA.

Bangitintrnet wrote: November 27th, 2021, 7:24 pm

I find this a bit odd. "They" whoever they are, seem to be discussing the trust but calling it the club.

I think the vast majority of people who attended on the night are happy with how the CLUB and the TRUST has performed. Whether that was the case for the thousand that watched from afar, who knows. Indead, perhaps some of those may have been other clubs watching how our club is run.

I do know that a request was made from the floor for new blood to assist the lifeline society, as the average age is now too high.

I believe the Lifeline Society was started by David Hando before the old club folded. Being harsh, it was too young at the time to save the County, but was a massive assistance to Newport AFC.

What should be remembered is over the years substantial money has come into the club from the Lifeline Society. They have never asked for anything in return, or for anyone to sign a NDA.

That I don't remember. What I do remember is this councilor David Hando did a lot more than most people that I do remember.
Of course, they asked for something didn't they, did they do it for the benefit of their health. they wanted there Newport County to be successful. And now that we are in the football league everyone is wanting more success surely. As for the NDA, how do you know no one signed such an agreement were you there.

To go back to old Newport County they were never run properly in the first place. I remember most of the old directors from that time.

Torquay Exile wrote: November 27th, 2021, 8:52 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: November 27th, 2021, 7:24 pm

That I don't remember. What I do remember is this councilor David Hando did a lot more than most people that I do remember.
Of course, they asked for something didn't they, did they do it for the benefit of their health. they wanted there Newport County to be successful. And now that we are in the football league everyone is wanting more success surely. As for the NDA, how do you know no one signed such an agreement were you there.

To go back to old Newport County they were never run properly in the first place. I remember most of the old directors from that time.
I can't believe that you would think that the Lifeline Society would ask anyone to sign a NDA!

I can remember one of the first acts was providing £5000 for the club to buy a player, a midfielder called Andy Thackeray, when the club was in free fall. What the Lifeline Society didn't want, was for the money to disappear into the black hole of the club finance at the time. So David Hando and co. knew at the time that the club had been badly run.

County are probably in the best financial position that they have ever been in. Four seasons running in profit is unheard of, not only for Newport County but for the vast majority of league clubs.

No doubt there are things that could be done better, but at the meeting, when the queue at the tea/burger bar is mentioned as an issue, then you get the impression that most other things are actually going very well.