Re: Good enough

He was fined £400, with £85 costs and £40 surcharge and also banned from attending football for three years. Sounds like the punishment for an assault or serious public order offence.

But no, only at football would you receive such draconian punishment for some ambiguous summary offence of 'going on to the playing area at a football match' which he pleaded guilty to.

I don't like Swindon at all, but I think this is ridiculously harsh.

whoareya wrote: December 7th, 2021, 5:46 pm He was fined £400, with £85 costs and £40 surcharge and also banned from attending football for three years. Sounds like the punishment for an assault or serious public order offence.

But no, only at football would you receive such draconian punishment for some ambiguous summary offence of 'going on to the playing area at a football match' which he pleaded guilty to.

Insane, fine etc yep 3 year ban?ridiculous

Micheal wrote: December 7th, 2021, 6:01 pm
whoareya wrote: December 7th, 2021, 5:46 pm He was fined £400, with £85 costs and £40 surcharge and also banned from attending football for three years. Sounds like the punishment for an assault or serious public order offence.

If they don't ban people it will be done for every goal

UPTHEPORT wrote: December 7th, 2021, 6:04 pm

I think the fine, costs etc are enough of a deterrent. A three year banning order I believe merely confirms my view of magistrates.
Blue rinse middle class tossers.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: December 7th, 2021, 6:17 pm

I think the fine, costs etc are enough of a deterrent. A three year banning order I believe merely confirms my view of magistrates.
Blue rinse middle class tossers.
Well obviously didn't put off this idiot

Jim, there were Everton fans on the pitch last night, their stewards just push them back into the stands. Same happens at Anfield and at a lot of lower league clubs in Cup games. From what I saw he ran the entire length of the pitch to the Swindon players, no gesturing or inciting our fans.

Unfortunately this is a left over legacy from the Taylor Report that cast all football fans as undesirables.
Its taken 32 years for fans to be considered civilised enough to stand at top flight football, but this kind of miscarriage is still happening.