Re: The Ashes

Exile 1976 wrote: January 8th, 2022, 2:22 pm
PortandSud wrote: January 8th, 2022, 1:50 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: December 28th, 2021, 8:37 am Yet another absolute hiding for the English.... In three days.... Embarrassing performance.
as a non-cricket fan, i thought it was England and Wales cricket

Hmmm, it’s the England and Wales Cricket Board but the team that plays represents England and is called England, not England and Wales.
Yes it's really annoying. You can play for England if you're from any part of the UK. So why is the team called England. It should be UK or maybe GB. As you say it's the England and Wales cricket board as well, and they occasionally play home games in Wales.

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:47 am Imagine playing in the English football league

Oh wait a minute!

I'm Welsh and it doesn't concern me in the least we play under the ecb

They won't change the title England there's to much history

Well, yes we do play in the English Football league but we're not called Bristol, Reading etc etc .. It's totally different.
It's England they are representing on the International stage in cricket, not England and Wales. Nothing wrong with that, especially as we don't have a proper international team of our own, if that's what Welsh players want, but let's not pretend that it's anything other than England.

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:47 am Imagine playing in the English football league

Oh wait a minute!

I'm Welsh and it doesn't concern me in the least we play under the ecb

They won't change the title England there's to much history
I'm Welsh too and I support the England cricket team, but that's not true for all cricket lovers in Wales. As a child my best friend was mad keen on cricket, and, like me, supported Glamorgan. However, whenever England played he supported the opposition, especially Australia.