Re: Grandstand: Newport v Harrogate Town (Home) Behind Closed Doors))

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 15th, 2022, 4:19 pm It's a funny game last season we'd have been ecstatic with a striker with 7 goals in 18 think the lads getting a bit to much stick I think he's decent
He has dropped off quite a bit and does seem too lethargic on times.Today,he could have had three or four,he should have worked the keeper first half and,a good first touch should have got him a goal shortly after.Saying that,I do agree his goal ratio is decent and he does his defensive duties.He just needs to sharpen up on his body language and speed of thought in front of goal.If we are moaning when we win 4-0 then maybe we are over critical although i’m sure JR will pick up on it.

Well I'd like to bring to everyone's attention some serious foul play and ungentlemanly conduct

Blah, blah you all go 're Phil in Northampons 4-0 bet
Now.hang on.....I put us to win 4-1 in prediction league. Confident in our ability
Phil's posit....can't see a 4 (FOUR) there...Yellow card
In fact l can't see any 4-0 predictions from aforementioned person prior to today either...so in my opinion 12 red cards for total disloyalty to the team he purports to support.

Terrible example to young and old alike
Should this behaviour reoccur I will personally ask for a banning order on said person from all stadia in the British Isles

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Castle Exile wrote: January 15th, 2022, 5:07 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: January 15th, 2022, 4:19 pm It's a funny game last season we'd have been ecstatic with a striker with 7 goals in 18 think the lads getting a bit to much stick I think he's decent
Absolutely agree. He's not brilliant but he works hard is excellent in defence particularly at set pieces and when you have a striker with CBR's presence, it's always going to create chances for others, i.e Telford.

Neither Collins, Abraham or Fisher have done anything when coming on to give the manager a headache.
Can’t disagree with that at all but imho Collins hasn’t been given much of a chance though of course there’s no argument for making a change after winning 4-0

Castle Exile wrote: January 15th, 2022, 5:07 pm
Absolutely agree. He's not brilliant but he works hard is excellent in defence particularly at set pieces and when you have a striker with CBR's presence, it's always going to create chances for others, i.e Telford.

Neither Collins, Abraham or Fisher have done anything when coming on to give the manager a headache.

I agree too. He works hard in attack and defence & Telford seems to be thriving alongside him. 7 goals in 19 league games (by comparison Matt scored 6 in 33 in his second season with us) and he’s getting called ‘useless’ by our own fans.

Nice routine win. Harrogate were poor in the same way we've been in a couple of longer away games, short of energy, and the keeper was a liability. I noticed when one of theirs was booked for a lunge the captain was in the ref's ear pointing down the pitch to where Cooper hadn't been booked just before for a tackle I didn't even think was a foul. Cooper committed a foul soon after, out came the card.

Liked both the new players, Waite is lightweight but wiry and Pask adds pace. CBR just too casual and slashing at that shot in the first half when Telford had a tap-in if he'd passed was criminal. He just isn't as good a footballer as he thinks he is. That shoulder injury - he hasn't, has he?

Strikers hunt in packs it appears CBR is good foil for Telford probably because he does get into positions to score and is a nuisance freeing up space for Telford. Regrettably nothing on the bench is able to do this CBR appears to have football intelligence but not a huge amount of composure / skill, it is his positioning that is benefitting the team - I wouldn’t have him near the team given his vaccination position but have to accept he does appear to contribute more than the options available.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 15th, 2022, 8:58 pm Refreshing to see a game without a succession of players throwing themselves to the ground to deceive the ref; rolling round feigning injury; or stealing 20 yards at throw-ins. Overall well done ref. Especially for having the fortitude to book the Harrogate player for diving.
Still didn't agree with Coopers booking though.

Think Coopers yellow was for an accumulation of fouls ? Harrogate had pointed this out to the ref moments before when one of theirs was booked.