Re: Fuel prices

I see both Germany and the US are still importing Russian Gas and Oil. Over the weekend the US met with Venezuela to acquire a new oil line and Germany'Schulz declined to stop Russian gas into Germany. So, much for sanctions.

Price's up on everything everywhere. Went into my local Sainsbury's ...6 Cumberland sausages up from £2.75 a couple of weeks ago to £3.30. I sanctioned the c....

CathedralCounty wrote: March 7th, 2022, 9:21 am 'dynamic pricing'...or just price gouging?!
I suppose it depends on whether the filling station has actually paid for the fuel in advance, I think some of them only pay for their supplies at the point when it is sold onto the public, therefore the supplier could change the price daily.

It’s awful that we’re facing the 3-pronged attack of rising fuel prices, higher inflation and rising tax/NI so soon after the pandemic’s peak. Hopefully as we head into spring, people will need a little less gas and this might make us all leave the car at home more and walk instead.
Last edited by DeePeeNCAFC on March 8th, 2022, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 8th, 2022, 8:13 am
CathedralCounty wrote: March 7th, 2022, 9:21 am 'dynamic pricing'...or just price gouging?!
I suppose it depends on whether the filling station has actually paid for the fuel in advance, I think some of them only pay for their supplies at the point when it is sold onto the public, therefore the supplier could change the price daily.

It’s awful that we’re facing the 3-pronged attack of rising fuel prices, higher inflation and rising tax/NI so soon after the pandemic’s peak. Hopefully as we head into spring, people will need a little less gas and this might make us all leave the car at home more and walk instead.
**** me: The laugh is the gov's secret increase. The UK gov add on a lot more than VAT, they add on about 63% before it comes to market. And in some cases even more..

And then with their hand in your pocket they're gunna say...we're against Putin. You couldn't make it up.