Robbie Willmott extends County contract

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... -contract/

Newport County AFC are delighted to announce that midfielder Robbie Willmott has penned an extension to his contract, keeping him at the club until the summer of 2023.

Robbie has been an key player for the Exiles this season, making 27 appearances in League Two and scoring three times this campaign to date.

This is Robbie's second spell at the club, with his initial period seeing him be a key part of our return to the Football League in 2013.

He returned to Rodney Parade in 2017 and was part of the side that reached two League Two Play-Off Finals as well as our famous FA Cup runs which saw us come up against the likes of Manchester City and Tottenham.

On Robbie signing his new deal, County manager James Rowberry said: “I’m delighted that Robbie has agreed to extend terms with us and I’m looking forward to continuing what we are trying to achieve."

Re: Robbie Willmott extends County contract

Lost in Willesden wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 11:17 pm Amazing the board extends his contract until he's 33, but JR plays Onthe Dolan?

Great to see there is some folding that thinks ahead, but sign some young players too. Could Azaz become permanant or is that too expensive and therefor risky?

Robbie for a year without youth around him isn't worth a sot.

Azaz only signed for Villa in the summer from West Brom, so no chance. Probably go on loan to a higher league

Ugo. wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 1:44 pm
Lost in Willesden wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 11:17 pm Amazing the board extends his contract until he's 33, but JR plays Onthe Dolan?

Great to see there is some folding that thinks ahead, but sign some young players too. Could Azaz become permanant or is that too expensive and therefor risky?

Robbie for a year without youth around him isn't worth a sot.

Azaz only signed for Villa in the summer from West Brom, so no chance. Probably go on loan to a higher league
Hopefully to us in league one

I can't see Azaz staying but he has definitely developed which is great for the player and the club.

Actually all the young players have developed so credit to both MF and JR the first for getting them to the club and the second for sticking to his process and style from which all, the players are benefitting from.

I think JR sticking to his beliefs is massive because it says to prem/championship clubs, this is how we play and this is how we will develop your players.

The process is working.