Re: Regional Rugby in Wales - Cutting Four Teams to Three

Jonesy3 wrote: May 6th, 2022, 4:47 pm
It was. 30 of the 50 councillors were members of the Labour party. I suspect they will be returned. At present the council is prorogued. So technically you are wrong but not being a smart arse I won't labour the point.

Tell me, what on earth is your question to do with the topic under discussion?
[/quote]

35 out of 51 now. Tories almost wiped out in Newport, with just 7 councillors left. Happy days.
[/quote]

My cousin Pat Drewett polled most votes in allt yr yn a big tory seat for labour well done Pat

Chepstow'sFine wrote: May 4th, 2022, 8:38 pm If the Dragons were axed or merged away from RP then I'd like to say that I could see the council buying it and leasing it back to us for 100 years but the backhanders/political points on offer for building housing on the site would be too tempting I fear.
The land would not be sold for development that is for sure no way yet more houses would get planning consent, limited access likely drainage issues, local opposition, etc far better to keep as sports ground for all concerned. However as a rugby fan something has to give in Wales as regional rugby is an ABJECT failure pound for pound our regions have been outdone by even Italians it’s frankly shocking and dragons are shite…

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 6th, 2022, 5:20 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: May 6th, 2022, 5:12 pm

Who is shouting? Not I. I'm just drawing attention to it (in bold). You think that you are Stan A. Einstein. Are you Stan A. Einstein? Are you now trying to tell me how I should write? Am I not allowed to have an opinion?
Of course you are allowed to have an opinion.

Instead of boring me and I suspect others, by coming out with inane comments about my political views, or asking me and Pembs daft questions why not tell us what your opinions are?

Just look at what you have written on this thread. Silly insults but nothing about Newport County.
You are definitely a Hypocrite. No doubt about it.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 6th, 2022, 2:27 pm

We don't have a licence, and we don't have a lease, as the licence agreement - that hasn't been signed by the new owners - is not valid upon change of title. What the agreement is now, is simply a framework agreement.

I have written numerous licences for land use, and you can write what you like on them, and both parties can sign, simply doesn't make them enforceable in the real world.
They are signed because both parties agree to the terms, but unless you can refer to an act of Parliament, as in a lease, most are just agreements.
A marriage certificate is signed by two people, doesn't necessarily make it any better that just living by agreement.

We are there because we are able to use the facility more than the Dragon's and thus make it viable.

Nothing has changed since the WRU took over, so our position is still one of making the Stadium viable. Without us and the Dragon's, the WRU don't have a viable stadium, and as any landlord will tell you, it's having a reliable tenant that is important. That's how you achieve stability.
You have already stated that you don't think the regions will be cut, but even if they did the WRU would either have to continue with Newport County as the sole occupant, and therefore look to sign a lease, or look to sell.

Torquay Exile wrote: May 6th, 2022, 5:12 pm
pembsexile wrote: May 6th, 2022, 4:45 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: May 6th, 2022, 3:17 pm
pembsexile wrote: May 6th, 2022, 2:31 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: May 6th, 2022, 2:26 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 5th, 2022, 10:31 am
jonescmj1 wrote: May 5th, 2022, 10:17 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 5th, 2022, 9:55 am
George Street-Bridge wrote: May 5th, 2022, 9:47 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 5th, 2022, 9:13 am If as you say the road access is shocking surely that applies to football crowds as much as anything else. More so in that large crowds congregate at specific times and for very short periods of time.
I'd argue shocking access 365 days a year is a bigger issue than shocking access on maybe 40-45 match days.
Yes George. But if Rodney Parade can cope with an influx of 8,000 people at quarter to three on a Saturday afternoon I suspect it's not quite as big a problem as you imagine.
I’m more than happy to consider Stan’s proposal for a stadium development plan, when he puts it forward.
Morning Colin,

My plan is really simple.

First step is that we acknowledge the problem.

Second step is that we politely explain to those who wish to bury their heads in the sand, that that is no longer an option.

Third step is that we speak to all the clubs who have developed their own stadiums and ask them how they managed to do it. What worked and as importantly what didn't.

Step four is to engage with the fan base and start to work towards our aim, together.

Step five is we listen to everyone who wants to help.

Step 6. We ignore those who are so narrow minded that they believe nothing can be done.

I don't know what the answers are Colin. I do know that ignoring a very real problem and contenting ourselves by making smart arse comments is not the answer.
Stan, you said and I quote "smart arse comments is not the answer". who is making a smart arse comment?
For the answer to your question I suggest you look at your own post on this thread at 1.59 pm today.
I didn't know that you are all so-known as "Stan A. Einstein"?
Don’t shout, it’s rude. I am all so-known (sic) by a lot of names. I think on the odd occasion (quizzes sometimes) I have been called Einstein. Never Stan though!!
Who is shouting? Not I. I'm just drawing attention to it (in bold). You think that you are Stan A. Einstein. Are you Stan A. Einstein? Are you now trying to tell me how I should write? Am I not allowed to have an opinion?
Straw man fallacy right there.

pembsexile wrote: May 7th, 2022, 10:11 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: May 7th, 2022, 9:46 am Oh dear oh dear oh dear

We have an abulance chaser looking for a disaster to hang his big project on, and his right hand man simply diverting attention. Pathetic.
Yet another straw man argument.

Diverting attention? Have a look at my post on this thread at 9.43am yesterday where I responded to you.
Exactly, precisely.
Has it never a occurred to you that the County are in the best situation that they could be. I. E. Having a landlord that requires them in order to make the ground viable? Just think about that..........

Now I don't know if the ground is viable with just the County as the sole user, but I know for sure that it isn't viable without them.

Now Consider Coventry City, owned Highfield Road. Wanted a bigger ground and the Council wanted them to move, hence the Rioch. Attendence fell to the point where the stadium wasn't viable for them and the owners (a charitable trust and the local council) and they had to move away until it became viable again.

Now consider Newport Rugby, no longer viable to play at RP moved away, doing better.

Also consider Bristol City and the Bristol Bears that play there. They lost the memorial ground to Bristol Rovers, who has done better?

You are falling into Stans trap of believing that because the ownership of RP is with the WRU, that they wish to do us harm, and that is the basis of the discussion. It simply isn't an argument that has any merit.

Why don't you consider the evidence, the WRU are just a landlord looking after something that needs to be viable.

I have studied planning in Wales, which is important, because planning is devolved, and I know what is required even to get to outline planning consent. The Council moved various sports to Spytty, but always provided an alternative
Facility. So to build on RP the first thing they would require is where is the alternative facility being constructed and detail benifit, and the need of the realeasd site. Road network and access statements. A community statement, an environmental impact assessment, etc, etc.

Another thing to consider is that the WRU pay 80% of each of the Regions Welsh players wages. So the income that the Regions receive from bums on seats is far less.

The bottom line is this. We don't require cement, when what we are bringing to the table makes the venue viable.

We have an abulance chaser looking for a disaster to hang his big project on, and his right hand man simply diverting attention. Pathetic.
An article appears in the Times newspaper. This article informs us that the future of regional rugby in Newport is at the very least being discussed. The implications of this might be very serious for Newport County.

A number of posters are concerned by this potential situation. Further the article brings into sharp relief that which was of concern to myself prior to the article, namely that our future is dependant upon an outside agency.

Devoid of argument the ostriches resort to insults.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 7th, 2022, 10:48 am

An article appears in the Times newspaper. This article informs us that the future of regional rugby in Newport is at the very least being discussed. The implications of this might be very serious for Newport County.

A number of posters are concerned by this potential situation. Further the article brings into sharp relief that which was of concern to myself prior to the article, namely that our future is dependant upon an outside agency.

Devoid of argument the ostriches resort to insults.
I think the guy above just give you a solid argument Stan