Re: Rumours ( seen on other message boards / forums ) ---County related

neilcork68 wrote: May 9th, 2022, 8:52 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: May 9th, 2022, 7:59 pm The Hartlepool forum have a ‘rumour’ topic and there’s no mention of Dolan or Demetriou on there. I can see where the link to Dolan has some credence, with him being from Hartlepool and having played for them in the past. However, Demetriou going there seems unlikely. I’ll be disappointed if Demetriou does anything other than stay with us.

The rumour is on the' Robert Dunkley League 2 Football Forum' not the Hartlepool forum

As the post states...Just rumours about our players from football forums...Most will be rubbish but some will have legs......
I was saying that there was nothing to back up the Robert Dunkley rumour on the Hartlepool forum.

Castle Exile wrote: May 9th, 2022, 8:32 pm I think we will see the back of CBR and Telford, I hope we don’t think Street and Collins are suitable replacements. I can’t see us getting Finn or Cooper back both are good enough for league 1. Cain may come back but unlikely. If we loose Norman and Micky someone had better be good at recruitment or we are likely to be in a relegation battle
Do you think CBR will get a gig elsewhere or,is he a crock.

Percy plunkett wrote: May 9th, 2022, 10:49 pm
Castle Exile wrote: May 9th, 2022, 8:32 pm I think we will see the back of CBR and Telford, I hope we don’t think Street and Collins are suitable replacements. I can’t see us getting Finn or Cooper back both are good enough for league 1. Cain may come back but unlikely. If we loose Norman and Micky someone had better be good at recruitment or we are likely to be in a relegation battle
Do you think CBR will get a gig elsewhere or,is he a crock.
I do. I think he was under rated by many on here. He worked his nuts off and created a lot of space for Telford and chipped in with a few goals himself. Street and Collins look technically better but both lacked intelligence in their positioning, were weak and gave needless free kicks away. Pretty clear we started to struggle when we lost CBR to injury, the loss of him and Cooper was when the wheels fell off.
I'm not saying he's a great player but he does a lot of the horrible stuff that most fans don't notice or appreciate. I think someone will take a punt on him. Despite his thuggish looks, I believe he is a great lad who does some outstanding work in the community.

ulkraineinthebahrain wrote: May 10th, 2022, 2:08 pm Rowberry told the media that he will making his calls yesterday and today. Do you think the retained list will be available later today? I saw that Flynny has said he's got 4-5 players sorted already. I wonder if any are County OOC players.
That will be the benefit of Elite Management!

Rather surprisingly there now only 3 County players left who are signed up with them, Day, CBR and Collins.

bedeck wrote: May 10th, 2022, 1:49 pm Telford will go, FGR looks likely. I feel Dolan going won't be a big loss. Mickey D is staying as is Scotty.

I would let Day go as I prefer Townsend and just have an academy back up keeper or emergency look if needed, that would save a huge chunk of wages for Day.
CBR another year at reduced wages, 50/50 about Haynes he blows so hot and cold.
Agree with 90% of this but Telford looking likely to go to FGR is a stretch. What are you basing it on other than you think it could happen. We 'could' sign Paul Pogba...

bedeck wrote: May 10th, 2022, 1:49 pm Telford will go, FGR looks likely. I feel Dolan going won't be a big loss. Mickey D is staying as is Scotty.

I would let Day go as I prefer Townsend and just have an academy back up keeper or emergency look if needed, that would save a huge chunk of wages for Day.
CBR another year at reduced wages, 50/50 about Haynes he blows so hot and cold.
What makes you think Telford will go to Forest Green.

Are you basing it on Stevens being injured for the first couple of months of next season or is this something you have heard.

If I was Dom, and the contract offer was right, I’d want to stay at County as something obviously clicked for him this season, personally I think it was his attacking relationship with CBR and I hope both stay. He’s had one superb season after a few years where he was either inconsistent or in/out of the team.

If he did leave, depending on where he lives, Exeter might be a good option.

On the others -

I’d want Haynes to stay as, when on form, he gets forward and isn’t afraid to have a shot from distance, something we lacked in previous seasons.

I’d prefer to retain Townsend and release Day, if Walsall or others show an interest.

Mickey and Benno are a dilemma - both good, reliable senior pros but are either good enough to form part of a promotion seeking team? Mickey gets too many OGs for my liking, but his strengths outweigh this. Dolan has also been a good servant to the club and is the best at dead-ball situations.

Both Bristol City and Cardiff will be making wholesale squad changes in the summer - BCFC forced because of FFP and Cardiff have growing debts. There will be some experienced and younger players released who will be worth a look.

Definitely worth nurturing the relationship with Stevie G at Villa also, seeing how well Azaz developed this year he may want to send another player our way.

I also hope we’ve taken a look at some NI talent - several other teams have bought some cheap stars from across the water so there are stars out there who would love the chance of a pro career.

Finally, onto coaching - I hope we can make use of Fraser Franks, MoB, Podge, Pipey or Kev, but not all of them. All have something different to offer in terms of strength and conditioning or training ground coaching. It’s obvious we have an inexperienced management duo and while this hasn’t held back FGR or MK Dons this season, it won’t always be successful. Pulis in as a Lennie-type consultant may help.