Re: Padraid Amond - Thank you

excessbee wrote: May 11th, 2022, 10:28 am From me too. It was more than the goals scored. It was always fascinating to just spend time in a game following Amond's movement around the pitch. On so many occasions the defender really did not have a clue which side of them he was going to appear. A real master at work.
And always amazed me to see him back so quick to help out in defence

Flynn got rid of Podge and got Fisher, poor choice, regarding how we now treat players I have not heard Rowberry slag any of the current players off individually, uses collective terminology ie we didn't take our chances, defensive decisions poor, Flynn called them cowards.

Podge was a good servant to the club and will be well remember for the FA cup exploits, Thanks and good luck for the future

Report in today's Irish Independent. Podge thanks firstly the supporters for the respect we have shown him. It was mutual Podge you are a class act. Also thanks Flynn and Hatswell. Even though they did have a bit of a falling out. Really miffed with Rowberry. No problem with being cut, he is a professional footballer snd that's part of the job. However after all he has done for us believes he deserved more than a 25 second phone call.

I make no comment, merely report what a newspaper here has stated.

ajs wrote: May 11th, 2022, 11:22 am Flynn got rid of Podge and got Fisher, poor choice, regarding how we now treat players I have not heard Rowberry slag any of the current players off individually, uses collective terminology ie we didn't take our chances, defensive decisions poor, Flynn called them cowards.

Podge was a good servant to the club and will be well remember for the FA cup exploits, Thanks and good luck for the future
AJS or is it Rob or James Waite or whatever name you have been using lately. This topic is not about calling players out after a game it is about being disrespectful to a very good pro and servant to our football club.