VAR

Watching sky sports news this morning and and EFL have said var to be used in championship playoff final and discussions are in place about using for 1st and 2nd Division finals.not a fan of it but if the facilities are there then why not use it

Re: VAR

I have a slightly different take on this - and on our situation last year. I don't think it was a problem of not having VAR and I don't think it was a problem with the lovely gentleman who was referee. Referees at the top level (Select Group?) are trained to use - and are used to using VAR - and I wonder if that is making them lazy, knowing that any marginal decisions will be checked or they will have the option to review on the pitch-side monitor. This may be sub-conscious and they are not aware they are doing it.

So last year we had a referee who was used to the safety blanket of VAR and in the split second after he saw (the clear and unmistakable) punch and the non-foul outside the area he didn't want to make the call and opted to let VAR make the decision - only it wasn't there.

So maybe if VAR is used there should be a rule that only a referee with the requisite training and experience in its use should be appointed for that game. If no VAR then there has to be a referee who is used to making decisions.

Urgh, leave all that nonsense to clubs in the top flight, they're welcome to it. We've been unlucky with decisions in recent years, but I'd still rather that than have to put up with the nonsense of having to pause celebrating nearly every single goal whilst some official somewhere checks it from every conceivable angle. The moment of ecstasy when the ball hits the back of the net is the best thing about football; why anyone would want to chip away at it is beyond me. I suspect the answer is that VAR has been developed for armchair fans watching S*y Sp*rts on their big TVs, not for people who actually go to games.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: May 16th, 2022, 4:48 pm Urgh, leave all that nonsense to clubs in the top flight, they're welcome to it. We've been unlucky with decisions in recent years, but I'd still rather that than have to put up with the nonsense of having to pause celebrating nearly every single goal whilst some official somewhere checks it from every conceivable angle. The moment of ecstasy when the ball hits the back of the net is the best thing about football; why anyone would want to chip away at it is beyond me. I suspect the answer is that VAR has been developed for armchair fans watching S*y Sp*rts on their big TVs, not for people who actually go to games.
Afternoon Ed the trouble is because of at least 3 poor decisions by officials we missed out on getting promoted id rather get the right decisions

UPTHEPORT wrote: May 16th, 2022, 6:01 pm
flat4 wrote: May 16th, 2022, 5:42 pm Sadly we didn't get promoted because we were just not good enough to win on the day.
So you're saying Morecambe where the better side

If so your talking rubbish
Your words not mine...