Re: Season Tickets.

To clear things up, i've been in contact with the club regarding purchasing methods etc and had the following reply:

All season ticket holders will receive a season card for the 2022/23 season with the option of downloading a digital ticket/card. You will still be able to purchase tickets and season tickets using cash, debit or credit cards at the Rodney Parade ticket office with the alternative option of purchasing online.

Our previous systems (Flowte) contract had come to an end and after many months of deliberation, the club decided to partner with Ticketmaster as it is the best option for us due to its reliability and the system support that they offer on match days (weekends). Ticketmaster do offer a lot of digital advantages, digital tickets and season cards, but fans will still be able to purchase paper tickets and physical season cards

reebok0165 wrote: May 20th, 2022, 6:58 pm To clear things up, i've been in contact with the club regarding purchasing methods etc and had the following reply:

All season ticket holders will receive a season card for the 2022/23 season with the option of downloading a digital ticket/card. You will still be able to purchase tickets and season tickets using cash, debit or credit cards at the Rodney Parade ticket office with the alternative option of purchasing online.

Our previous systems (Flowte) contract had come to an end and after many months of deliberation, the club decided to partner with Ticketmaster as it is the best option for us due to its reliability and the system support that they offer on match days (weekends). Ticketmaster do offer a lot of digital advantages, digital tickets and season cards, but fans will still be able to purchase paper tickets and physical season cards
Well said Mr. Reebok..
Why the club can't say all this on the club web page beats me.
That's why I mentioned it in my post that the club puts out sparse information, whoever is responsible for putting articles on the webpage should really think about what is placed on there and try and reduce as much ambiguity as possible.
That way it should reduce speculation and annoyance.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 20th, 2022, 6:37 pm All of it Stan, it's fantasy not fact, yet again.
Oh sorry. Not being total morons I think most readers of this board would have surmised that the 'top law firm of Einstein & Co' is in fact a purely fictitious organisation. I don't suppose anyone but a complete idiot really believed that the board of directors in their entirety drew in a collective sigh before breaking out in unison saying 'how will we be able to replace this paragon?' I don't suppose either anyone other than a distracted ignoramus really thought someone called Ticketmaster was in the room at the time. Finally it didn't occur to me that even the most stupid and frankly ridiculous of people would suppose that this Ticketmaster fellow would know what the woman in the office was earning.

Sorry old chap, I underestimated your ability to make a total eejit of yourself. 🤣

Edit.
In fairness I should have recognised that ability. I learned the difference between the definite and indefinite article in 1964, taught by Mrs Adams, Class 3 Malpas Court Infants school. You were told by a director not the director.

Players living locally have delivered some STs before and it went down very well, obviously it has been out of the question for a couple of years.

Stan my problem is with your leap in logic where changing the ticketer automatically means the club "f@cked up on ticket sales year in year out". That's only in the fetid back lanes of Stanworld, dominated by blame, shame and apology.

George Street-Bridge wrote: May 21st, 2022, 6:59 am Players living locally have delivered some STs before and it went down very well, obviously it has been out of the question for a couple of years.

Stan my problem is with your leap in logic where changing the ticketer automatically means the club "f@cked up on ticket sales year in year out". That's only in the fetid back lanes of Stanworld, dominated by blame, shame and apology.
Morning George,

A number of posters in this thread were critical of the club for employing Ticketmaster. My view on the limited facts I have is that the club had made the right decision.

So where you get this blame, shame and apology nonsense from is anyone's guess.

As for f@cking up we all do it George. And I think that when people buy season tickets well in advance, said tickets not being ready for the big kickoff and thus causing needless anxiety for the most loyal fans, that would qualify as a f@ck up on the part of the club. I once turned up at Cheltenham Magistrates Court after a four our drive. I should have been at Chelmsford Magistrates Court, a fifteen minute drive from where I then lived in Witham. I thought that was a f@ck up. My clerk was horrified. But she had made a mistake that's all. I recall saying to her, try not to make a habit of it but these things happen. And I learned to check the court lists.

And that George is my problem with you. If you fail to ackowledge your mistakes, you will never learn from them. Your blind devotion to Newport County leads you to defend things that go wrong. And rather than embrace change for the better you'll just stick with failure. But George you can console yourself with one thing.........

Newport County fans who will pass a leisurely twenty minitutes reading this board today will have a little smile. And they will think isn't George a idiot? But if Stan hasn't worked out by now what a total moron George is and is still wasting his time trying to educate him, well maybe that makes Stan a bigger f@cking fool.

Lighten up George and try to laugh at yourself occasionally.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 21st, 2022, 8:23 am I once turned up at Cheltenham Magistrates Court after a four our drive. I should have been at Chelmsford Magistrates Court, a fifteen minute drive from where I then lived in Witham. I thought that was a f@ck up. My clerk was horrified. But she had made a mistake that's all. I recall saying to her, try not to make a habit of it but these things happen. And I learned to check the court lists.
Yes, we know you used to be a lawyer, surprising though that may seem from your online persona. What on earth does this have to do with the toxicity you injected into the discussion about changing the ticketing contractor?

George Street-Bridge wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:44 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 21st, 2022, 8:23 am I once turned up at Cheltenham Magistrates Court after a four our drive. I should have been at Chelmsford Magistrates Court, a fifteen minute drive from where I then lived in Witham. I thought that was a f@ck up. My clerk was horrified. But she had made a mistake that's all. I recall saying to her, try not to make a habit of it but these things happen. And I learned to check the court lists.
Yes, we know you used to be a lawyer, surprising though that may seem from your online persona. What on earth does this have to do with the toxicity you injected into the discussion about changing the ticketing contractor?
George allow me to correct you on a number of errors in your short little opus.

I said that the board had made the right decision. The basis of that was that if there is something you lack expertise in it is probably better to get someone in than to f@ck the job up. I pointed out that when I f@ck things up because of lack of expertise that is what I do. I also said I made made no criticism of the board. You find that view toxic?

Well that's a subjective view and I can only hope that most thinking people wouldn't. I too have a view on toxic posters and their toxic little views.

I believe what consenting adults do in private is their concern alone. Your view is that even if their actions are between consenting adults Newport County should not sign players involved in 'disgusting sexual practices'.

I believe that the reason Hibs fans said Terry Butcher was a terrible choice for Newport County to make manager was for the same reason as why virtually every County fan wanted shot of him. Namely despite some very strong competition Terry Butcher was the worst manager in our 110 year history. But not you George, it was because they might be sectarian bigots.
A vile accusation without a shred of evidence. And please don't come out with your usual trope that some people are bigots. I'm white. I was critical of Aaron O'Connor who is black for posting pictures of himself driving at 110 mph. Using your twisted logic I might be motivated by racist bigotry.

I'd ask you to crawl under the nearest rock, but that would be unfair on any toads, worms or vipers who would have to put up with something far more unpleasant, ugly and toxic than they could ever imagine.

For goodness sake get some help.

We did Butcher recently. The sexual practices thing was in the context of the Ched Evans case and I stand by the point I made. Which was that his defence against a criminal charge was to admit that he had turned up for seconds after a mate had taken a drunken girl back to a motel room having picked her up in a takeaway and then texted him.

I've been thinking about this, I wouldn't not employ him because of his sentence, but I would not employ him because even by his own admission his sexual habits are disgusting...

You are a football manager. You have a choice of employing striker A or striker B. For both, a good night out is the one Evans and his mate had in Rhyl. You know about the one because it has been all over the papers out of his own mouth. You have no idea about the other. Both would contribute equally to the team, but one will repel sponsors because of what's known about him. Which one do you employ?...

I would not do it because having found out about something like this, you can't help but be influenced against him (unless you think turning up for second dibs after your mate has picked up a stranger is anything but disgusting). And having found out, you can't un-know it. If it's his normal night out 365 days a year and it stays private, the problem doesn't arise. Simples...

George Street-Bridge wrote: May 21st, 2022, 11:16 am For goodness sake get some help.

We did Butcher recently. The sexual practices thing was in the context of the Ched Evans case and I stand by the point I made. Which was that his defence against a criminal charge was to admit that he had turned up for seconds after a mate had taken a drunken girl back to a motel room having picked her up in a takeaway and then texted him.

I've been thinking about this, I wouldn't not employ him because of his sentence, but I would not employ him because even by his own admission his sexual habits are disgusting...

You are a football manager. You have a choice of employing striker A or striker B. For both, a good night out is the one Evans and his mate had in Rhyl. You know about the one because it has been all over the papers out of his own mouth. You have no idea about the other. Both would contribute equally to the team, but one will repel sponsors because of what's known about him. Which one do you employ?...

I would not do it because having found out about something like this, you can't help but be influenced against him (unless you think turning up for second dibs after your mate has picked up a stranger is anything but disgusting). And having found out, you can't un-know it. If it's his normal night out 365 days a year and it stays private, the problem doesn't arise. Simples...
As you know George one of my many concerns is the tragic waste of young people, usually men, who take their own lives. Here in Ireland tens of thousands of us get up early on a morning in May and start walking . It is known as the darkness into light walk.

In my way I try to help. There is no shame in mental illness. There is no stigma. To reinforce this and in the hope that if any young man or woman on this board who is feeling despair or loneliness I made the decision some time ago to speak of my personal experience of mental illness. And that I went on to have a happy and successful life. As can anyone.

I note with sorrow your post. Your attempts to disguise your undoubted bigoted attitudes to those who don't share your view of the world merely confirms the type of person you are. But to make a joke about my mental illness in your opening sentence whilst not worrying me once again shows your total lack of empathy to the people you share this world with.

You are deserving of pity.

George Street-Bridge wrote: May 21st, 2022, 11:16 am

Let's analyse this shall we?

One will repel sponsors Your words. Which means it comes down to money and someone else's subjective view on what amounts to a disgusting sexual practice. No doubt although they may not admit it, some who sponsor might be put off for any number of reasons. I recall only too well and not that long ago people who would say. I am not racist myself but if a black family were to move in next door it would lower the value of my property. Is that acceptable?

True story. Before I went to the bar I taught adults with learning difficulties. One day a group I was facilitating went into a cafe in Greenwich. We were refused service. Apparently some of the cafe's other clientele might have been repelled by people with disabilities. Was that acceptable?

Thank God these days that in illegal.

One further point. When a player wears a Newport County shirt he has my support. I would have concerns if he was a rapist, or if he molested women in cinemas. But as far as I'm concerned if he in his downtime chose to take part in gay sado-masochistic orgies that would be none of my bloody business. And if a sponsor took exception to this I'd tell said sponsor it was none of their business either.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 21st, 2022, 2:11 pm I don't think anyone would see it as a joke, merely a suggestion to yourself.
In which case there are only two scenario which I can coclude. Either yourself and George are both medically qualified to make a diagnosis of mental illness in someone who neither of you have ever met.

Or

Both yourself and George are in a competition to see which of you can win the prize for being the most arrogant and ignorant poster on this board.

My guess would be the latter and you are both so evenly matched that I can see this one going to extra time and penalties. :grin: