Re: Season Tickets.

ambernotorange wrote: June 10th, 2022, 1:52 pm For the second season running there is no senior discount for terrace dwellers - neither for season tickets nor individual matches.

I did email the club a month or so ago regarding this issue from last season and received a polite response saying they would bear it in mind when pricing came to be discussed.

I will now email them again, asking for an explanation as to why there is no such discount for the coming season.
There are lower prices for seniors.

Willthiswork wrote: June 10th, 2022, 3:01 pm
ambernotorange wrote: June 10th, 2022, 1:52 pm For the second season running there is no senior discount for terrace dwellers - neither for season tickets nor individual matches.

I did email the club a month or so ago regarding this issue from last season and received a polite response saying they would bear it in mind when pricing came to be discussed.

I will now email them again, asking for an explanation as to why there is no such discount for the coming season.
There are lower prices for seniors.
Only for seating, not for terrace.

It seems that the club assumes that the seniors will all want to sit down, not stand up.

It's a disgrace. I don't think you should take it sitting down. You need to stand up for your rights...

Well let's make Excessbee's day.

You did ask on another thread whether I had emailed the club. It would seem that if you email the club as Ambertoorange did, it gets you nowhere. Whilst at the same time if you lobby in public as I have done, a little bit of firm discipline works wonders. Usually does. I'm used to hearing 'how high' when I say jump. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Moving on. In their rush to appease me, it may be that they overlooked the concessions for seniors who wish to stand. Without wishing to embarrass ambertoorange, if he or she is unable to purchase a standing ticket could I suggest you purchase a seating ticket, and use it to stand. If you have to pm me I will refund the difference. As I say I hope this is not necessary but if it is then I will have done my bit for the club.

Lovely couple of hours fishing. Caught nothing but a gorgeous day out, if a tad windy.

Up the County, etc, etc.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 10th, 2022, 3:58 pm Well let's make Excessbee's day.

You did ask on another thread whether I had emailed the club. It would seem that if you email the club as Ambertoorange did, it gets you nowhere. Whilst at the same time if you lobby in public as I have done, a little bit of firm discipline works wonders. Usually does. I'm used to hearing 'how high' when I say jump. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Moving on. In their rush to appease me, it may be that they overlooked the concessions for seniors who wish to stand. Without wishing to embarrass ambertoorange, if he or she is unable to purchase a standing ticket could I suggest you purchase a seating ticket, and use it to stand. If you have to pm me I will refund the difference. As I say I hope this is not necessary but if it is then I will have done my bit for the club.

Lovely couple of hours fishing. Caught nothing but a gorgeous day out, if a tad windy.

Up the County, etc, etc.
You seriously believe that a few posts from you Stan, a steadfast non-contributor to club finances, has instigated the announcement of ticket prices........ naah. I'll settle for accepting that the above post was tongue in cheek. :wink:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 10th, 2022, 3:58 pm
Without wishing to embarrass ambertoorange, if he or she is unable to purchase a standing ticket could I suggest you purchase a seating ticket, and use it to stand. If you have to pm me I will refund the difference. As I say I hope this is not necessary but if it is then I will have done my bit for the club.
It's very kind of you to offer but that won't be necessary - thanks!

excessbee wrote: June 10th, 2022, 5:52 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 10th, 2022, 3:58 pm Well let's make Excessbee's day.

Up the County, etc, etc.
You seriously believe that a few posts from you Stan, a steadfast non-contributor to club finances, has instigated the announcement of ticket prices........ naah. I'll settle for accepting that the above post was tongue in cheek. :wink:
I don't have a sense of humour. 56 years of watching Newport County did for that. :wink:

ambernotorange wrote: June 10th, 2022, 6:02 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 10th, 2022, 3:58 pm
Without wishing to embarrass ambertoorange, if he or she is unable to purchase a standing ticket could I suggest you purchase a seating ticket, and use it to stand. If you have to pm me I will refund the difference. As I say I hope this is not necessary but if it is then I will have done my bit for the club.
It's very kind of you to offer but that won't be necessary - thanks!
A noble gesture Stan. Purchase a seated season £263 and use it to stand ( cost £263) and you'll refund the difference...... doing your bit for the club eh? :grin:

After a morning of angst and comparing the announcement dates for season tickets, maybe it's worth making a few price checks. Stevenage (obviously considerably earlier than County) proudly announced a freeze on ticket prices. Adult £400, concessions £360. That's main stand so comparable with Bisley 337/263.

UPTHEPORT wrote: June 10th, 2022, 6:46 pm I'm getting confused now the senior ST for terrace is available 20 pounds discount

Don't understand why we have senior at 60 mind most 60 year olds are still working
And we can get there on the bus for free. Not too much longer for you though.
Do believe the non discount for seniors standing has been the case for a few years.

We are not a charity disappointed to see general price freezes, as I assume players, backroom staff etc will want salary increases where does this lead - a lower playing budget or cash issues - keeping prices fixed will not be repaid by increased crowds - tighter personal budgets will mean people will go or they will not I don’t think £2 on a ticket would make any difference - how many people who will no doubt shout me down happily pay more for their pint!

County ranger wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:06 pm We are not a charity disappointed to see general price freezes, as I assume players, backroom staff etc will want salary increases where does this lead - a lower playing budget or cash issues - keeping prices fixed will not be repaid by increased crowds - tighter personal budgets will mean people will go or they will not I don’t think £2 on a ticket would make any difference - how many people who will no doubt shout me down happily pay more for their pint!
Can't win can they