Re: Season Tickets.

excessbee wrote: June 10th, 2022, 7:02 pm Sutton United..... Hats off to them for announcing their prices on May 20th. Adult £438 concessions £348.
They didn’t do their detailed analysis did they.Our board did,that’s how we now have a competitive price instead of an inflated one.Still,our board are slagged off for not rushing into silly decisions.

daftasfxxx wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:55 pm
excessbee wrote: June 10th, 2022, 7:02 pm Sutton United..... Hats off to them for announcing their prices on May 20th. Adult £438 concessions £348.
Yes hats off to them for being over a hundred pound more expensive than County for adults and over 80 pound more expensive for seniors
I think you've missed the point of my post.

Percy plunkett wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:01 pm
They didn’t do their detailed analysis did they.Our board did,that’s how we now have a competitive price instead of an inflated one.Still,our board are slagged off for not rushing into silly decisions.
My point exactly. This thread had developed into being critical of the board because we did not join in the race to announce our prices. I was not praising Sutton, their prices are shocking.

daftasfxxx wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:56 pm
County ranger wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:06 pm We are not a charity disappointed to see general price freezes, as I assume players, backroom staff etc will want salary increases where does this lead - a lower playing budget or cash issues - keeping prices fixed will not be repaid by increased crowds - tighter personal budgets will mean people will go or they will not I don’t think £2 on a ticket would make any difference - how many people who will no doubt shout me down happily pay more for their pint!
Can't win can they
This is the type of post which leads to rows on this board. I will explain.

I think that the board have made the right decision on holding prices down. Two reasons for me are that football is far too expensive. For people on limited incomes increasing a £20 to £22 does matter. By the time you have travelled to the game, bought a programme and a cup of tea, 90 minutes of Newport County costs more than a months internet connection.

County ranger takes a different view and puts a coherent argument. By doing that you can have a debate.

And there's a further point. A decision by it's very nature requires a choice between options. So apart from the no brainers, every decision will not please everyone. And those who think the decision is wrong should express why they think it's wrong. And if people are bright they listen to those with whom they disagree.

So by all means disagree with County ranger. I do. And say why you disagree. There are a few on here who always agree with the board of directors. If you want nodding dogs I suggest setting up a fan club.

excessbee wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:36 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:01 pm
My point exactly. This thread had developed into being critical of the board because we did not join in the race to announce our prices. I was not praising Sutton, their prices are shocking.
I think it’s more that far from joining a race they seem determined to be last in the EFL to announce prices & details I as many others are baffled as to what takes so long I get we have a slightly more complex situation than some as we share a stadium but even allowing for that we do seem very slow on this and its every season all that said glad they have announced and that prices are reasonable I’ll be buying mine on Monday!

excessbee wrote: June 11th, 2022, 9:30 am I'll wait for a while. Hope to see some messages about how straightforward it is.
I think I will go down to the ticket office and buy my new season ticket over the counter.
This way I will be avoiding any potential frustrations when trying to order on line and the nice young lady behind the counter can do it all for me.
(These things seldom go smoothly for me on line).
Plus I will be requesting a good old fashioned plastic season ticket, this again avoids lost data, internet connections, can't find it on the phone scenarios.
(Yes I am a dinosaur on such things, but I do like tested, true and tried methods).

Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 10th, 2022, 10:05 pm
County ranger wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:06 pm We are not a charity disappointed to see general price freezes, as I assume players, backroom staff etc will want salary increases where does this lead - a lower playing budget or cash issues - keeping prices fixed will not be repaid by increased crowds - tighter personal budgets will mean people will go or they will not I don’t think £2 on a ticket would make any difference - how many people who will no doubt shout me down happily pay more for their pint!
Can't win can they

I think that the board have made the right decision on holding prices down. Two reasons for me are that football is far too expensive. For people on limited incomes increasing a £20 to £22 does matter. By the time you have travelled to the game, bought a programme and a cup of tea, 90 minutes of Newport County costs more than a months internet connection.

County ranger takes a different view and puts a coherent argument. By doing that you can have a debate.

And there's a further point. A decision by it's very nature requires a choice between options. So apart from the no brainers, every decision will not please everyone. And those who think the decision is wrong should express why they think it's wrong. And if people are bright they listen to those with whom they disagree.

So by all means disagree with County ranger. I do. And say why you disagree. There are a few on here who always agree with the board of directors. If you want nodding dogs I suggest setting up a fan club.
It seems as if they have held prices down but as they explain a standard season ticket buys you 8 "free" games this season as opposed to 9 "free" last season - so an increase but below the current rate of inflation. I think in the current cost of living crisis this is a sensible compromise.

I still contend that £22 for admission is too high and have been consistent every year in expressing this viewpoint. It is an expensive afternoon, because I usually have to have something to eat and I like a couple of beers (sometimes it deadens the pain) and a hot beverage before the game. So that £22 admission can often be doubled when I travel by public transport (because of the couple of beers). This season may be the first one that I buy a season ticket for. I am a semi-retired shift worker now (down to 18 hours a week) and so the likelihood of getting sufficient games to make the season ticket viable is greatly increased. Next year I'll turn 60 which greatly reduces the cost of attending matches.

wattsville_boy wrote: June 11th, 2022, 2:53 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 10th, 2022, 10:05 pm
Can't win can they

It seems as if they have held prices down but as they explain a standard season ticket buys you 8 "free" games this season as opposed to 9 "free" last season - so an increase but below the current rate of inflation. I think in the current cost of living crisis this is a sensible compromise.

I still contend that £22 for admission is too high and have been consistent every year in expressing this viewpoint. It is an expensive afternoon, because I usually have to have something to eat and I like a couple of beers (sometimes it deadens the pain) and a hot beverage before the game. So that £22 admission can often be doubled when I travel by public transport (because of the couple of beers). This season may be the first one that I buy a season ticket for. I am a semi-retired shift worker now (down to 18 hours a week) and so the likelihood of getting sufficient games to make the season ticket viable is greatly increased. Next year I'll turn 60 which greatly reduces the cost of attending matches.
Could I just ask do you think that the price of a pint is too high , the cost of food too high and a cuppa. I get it that you want an afternoon out but we can all go a couple of hours without food and drink and forgo them rather than expect County to keep costs down. If we wish to have a competitive side I regret we are going to have to pay for it.

County ranger wrote: June 11th, 2022, 4:20 pm
Could I just ask do you think that the price of a pint is too high , the cost of food too high and a cuppa. I get it that you want an afternoon out but we can all go a couple of hours without food and drink and forgo them rather than expect County to keep costs down. If we wish to have a competitive side I regret we are going to have to pay for it.
I do see your argument. But if you are on a limited income and have £22 a month to spend on leisure then choosing a subscription to Sky Sports might seem a better spend of your resources than 90 minutes at Newport County v Harrogate on a freezing afternoon in February.

Further football is a habit. 5,000 paying £15 gives you more income than 3,000 paying £20. And over the years watching County I have spent many thousands of pounds. Had I been priced out as a child I probably wouldn't have spent that much if anything. And not withstanding inflation since 1967 I can still remember the cost of going. 4/- 6d for my father and 2/- for me. 9d for the programme.

36p in today's money. Even allowing for inflation quite a difference.

25/8/2021 Southampton 7,002
31/8/2021 Plymouth Argyle 1,032
4/9/2021 Leyton Orient 3,845
14/9/2021 Northampton Town 3,168
18/9/2021 Walsall 3,825
2/10/2021 Scunthorpe United 3,213
9/10/2021 Bradford City 4,089
19/10/2021 Carlisle United 2,962
30/10/2021 Stevenage 3,439
20/11/2021 Swindon Town 5,141
7/12/2021 Sutton United 3,368
11/12/2021 Port Vale 4,074
8/1/2022 Salford City n/a
15/1/2022 Harrogate Town n/a
29/1/2022 Barrow 4,080
12/2/2022 Oldham Athletic 3,901
19/2/2022 Mansfield Town 3,956
26/2/2022 Tranmere Rovers n/a
1/3/2022 Forest Green Rovers 4,448
5/3/2022 Bristol Rovers 6,237
18/3/2022 Hartlepool United 4,768
2/4/2022 Exeter City 5,697
15/4/2022 Crawley Town 5,137
22/4/2022 Colchester United 5,989
7/5/2022 Rochdale 5,322

Home Gates last season taken from football Web pages.

Looking at the figures we probably had 3 home games with a home crowd of 5000.

Bristol Rovers were they probably brought more fans than the away allocation.
Colchester where it was buy one get one free (bring a friend)
And the last game where had we not lost we might have made the playoffs.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 11th, 2022, 5:26 pm
County ranger wrote: June 11th, 2022, 4:20 pm
I do see your argument. But if you are on a limited income and have £22 a month to spend on leisure then choosing a subscription to Sky Sports might seem a better spend of your resources than 90 minutes at Newport County v Harrogate on a freezing afternoon in February.

Further football is a habit. 5,000 paying £15 gives you more income than 3,000 paying £20. And over the years watching County I have spent many thousands of pounds. Had I been priced out as a child I probably wouldn't have spent that much if anything. And not withstanding inflation since 1967 I can still remember the cost of going. 4/- 6d for my father and 2/- for me. 9d for the programme.

36p in today's money. Even allowing for inflation quite a difference.
I get your point but history suggests that lower prices do not correlate to increased gates certainly not 66% more as per your example. Every side has a core support who are not price sensitive to the extent of £1 - £2 the price of half a pint. In the current environment with all costs rising I think it is a decision both County and fans will regret as the playing budget gets squeezed. I would support free under 12’s with full paying adult to capture the next generation and create pressure on adults to keep taking them.