Re: Holidays

quote]
Nah he told me he's booked a Travelodge in Wrexham!
[/quote]

Things to do in Wrexham (it actually looks quite nice!)

Thanks for that. Didn’t Chris Rea write a song about the A5 leading into Wrexham? The road to hell, I think it was called.

Interestingly, when I key Wrexham into my phone’s satnav, it tells me that the place is in England, not Wales. Is this right? In which case, why the rivalry?

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: June 9th, 2022, 5:51 pm quote]
Nah he told me he's booked a Travelodge in Wrexham!
Things to do in Wrexham (it actually looks quite nice!)

Thanks for that. Didn’t Chris Rea write a song about the A5 leading into Wrexham? The road to hell, I think it was called.

Interestingly, when I key Wrexham into my phone’s satnav, it tells me that the place is in England, not Wales. Is this right? In which case, why the rivalry?
[/quote]

How many fingers did you use to key in Wrexham? Minimum of 6 fingers needed to get the Welsh Wrexham on the satnav. :lol:

ghosty wrote: June 9th, 2022, 5:16 pm
lowandhard wrote: June 9th, 2022, 1:30 am
ghosty wrote: June 9th, 2022, 1:01 am I have just returned from Alaska
Completing my visit of all 50 states
Something I’d like to have done! Without expecting you to be exhaustive, what were your favourites?
My last 2. Hawaii (paradise) and Alaska (stunning scenery) memories of a lifetime
Although nothing will surpass my memory of the site’s and smells of somerton park open latrine
I can still smell it now. :grin:

wattsville_boy wrote: June 10th, 2022, 2:54 pm
ghosty wrote: June 9th, 2022, 5:16 pm
lowandhard wrote: June 9th, 2022, 1:30 am
ghosty wrote: June 9th, 2022, 1:01 am I have just returned from Alaska
Completing my visit of all 50 states
Something I’d like to have done! Without expecting you to be exhaustive, what were your favourites?
My last 2. Hawaii (paradise) and Alaska (stunning scenery) memories of a lifetime
Although nothing will surpass my memory of the site’s and smells of somerton park open latrine
I can still smell it now. :grin:
You never just smelled it! It was all consuming as an experience, corrosive and miasmic. You never forget. 😳